Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left or right brained?  (Read 7712 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:37 am »

Hey everyone -
I am doing my next course in my travels here to get to a new line of work.  I just found an interesting and fun test to try.  Are you left, or right brained?
Follow this link:  http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/instructor/brain.htm#quiz

Just something my instructor posted in our lecture.  Note, she did say in the lecture it's not always accurate, but I thought for me it was!   Cheesy  Let's have fun with this one!   Hey, it's Winter.  Gotta do something fun that'll challenge you a bit!

Post up your replies if you dare....I am a STRONG left brain!  HA!  I thought I was OCD!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:22:36 pm »

Seeing as there were several questions where both answers were moderately true for me, much as I expected it, I am middle brain, whatever that means. Tongue

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:51:12 pm »

Hey Donna.....are you getting teacher certification??  Back when I was a teacher (I taught Art to 6-12 grades), a man at the University where my DH was working was doing his doctoral dissertation on Hemisphericity and how it releated to epilepsy.  He and I got talking, as at the time the reveolutionary (for the 1980's) book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards was just gaining popularity.  I was using the ideas in Betty Edwards book to teach my kids to draw - she had not used the ideas with people younger than college age.  I was getting amazing results, and shared them with both the guy doing his doctoral work and Betty.  Both were amazed......the kids went from drawing almost stick-like figures to detailed, well rendered, very realistic drawings of the human figure, in just over a month's time. 
As part of his interest in the subject, the doctoral student gave my DH and I a similar test, although far more extensive than the one you posted.  I scored almost entirely right brained and DH almost entirely left...... Wink.....was a very interesting study.  I was even able to apply some of what I learned in all of this with one student who was failing history but had the most incridible talent to draw I have ever seen in a child.  I convinced his history teacher to let him draw his answers to an exam, and he passed with flying colors!  He turned out to be almost totally right brained as well, and simply did not have the ability to think "in words" to express his understanding.  It was pretty cool......

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, but I am glad if they are including this type of training in teacher/aide courses so that no kid gets left behind just because words are not their forte...... Smiley

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

Eva
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »

Well.. moderate right brain
But I feel what Rockstar already said...  Wink

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 03:43:16 pm »

wow... right in the middle for me... and yeah there are a few things that were a YES for me... hmm..

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »

@ Su - WOW!   Shocked  No where close to that, baby!   Cheesy  I am just looking for a change in career as I didn't want to go back to the Travel Industry.  I am just working towards a certificate for Medical Secretary - it will help me get a job either in a Doctor's office, Hospital or Clinic.  I am doing it via internet with a community college, and so far, so good!  The course I am taking right now (I can only handle 1 course a semester) is "Working and Communicating In a Medical Setting".  I was just doing some reading - it's lectures only (not text YAY!!!!); and there was the Brain Dominance test, and there is a Jung / Myers-Briggs test regarding multiple intelligence that I might get into tonight. 

However, your findings are astonishing to me.  The human brain and body for that matter are fascinating - how one system ties into the other - we are all like a big spider web.  And when one piece of our web unravels, the rest can go with it.   We all have seen it, unfortunately.  But anyways...

I just thought they were interesting and would post them on the Board.  We are prog fans you know!  We have to pick each other's brains occasionally!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Or whatever is left of mine!!!  LOL!!!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 06:49:48 pm »

I got a 17...strong right-brain. Tongue No surprise there...I've only managed to disguise it by learning how to ACT like left-brained people at school and work.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:59:40 pm »

14 and it's a moderate right brain... pretty much true with me

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: