Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Cancelled  (Read 14060 times)
James LaBrie

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »

Hi Everyone,

It is very difficult for what I am about to say. The Static Impulse tour has been cancelled due to some unfortunate, unforeseen difficulties with securing work visas for a couple of the guys. It would be virtually impossible for us to have these visas processed on time to begin the tour let alone the rehearsals which were scheduled for the week prior to the first show.
I don't know what to say other than we are all in shock and can only hope we can make this a reality at some point in the near future. I am really sorry to everyone who has gone out and purchased the meet and greets and show tickets. This totally sucks and I'm sure you're all quite upset and  have every right to be. I can only ask for your understanding and forgiveness and assure you that when we are in a position ( hopefully in the near future ) to tour all of this will have been taken care of well in advance or it just won't happen.

Sincerely,

James.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »

Hi Everyone,

It is very difficult for what I am about to say. The Static Impulse tour has been cancelled due to some unfortunate, unforeseen difficulties with securing work visas for a couple of the guys. It would be virtually impossible for us to have these visas processed on time to begin the tour let alone the rehearsals which were scheduled for the week prior to the first show.
I don't know what to say other than we are all in shock and can only hope we can make this a reality at some point in the near future. I am really sorry to everyone who has gone out and purchased the meet and greets and show tickets. This totally sucks and I'm sure you're all quite upset and  have every right to be. I can only ask for your understanding and forgiveness and assure you that when we are in a position ( hopefully in the near future ) to tour all of this will have been taken care of well in advance or it just won't happen.

Sincerely,

James.

while it does suck, that's life.

I just hope everything goes well for you guys in the future, and that this tour can be picked up in the near future Smiley

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:50:29 pm »

So very very sorry to hear about this James.   Sad  I just got my tix in the mail too. 

I hope the tour can be re-scheduled.  It was an event we were all looking forward to.  Chin up though.  All things happen for a reason - you guys will get through this.  Your Board members are still here to encourage you. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

sabonim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:54:28 pm »

Ok Captain!

Thank you by the explanation!

Stay positive we will get another gig.

Cheers!

Dr. Gustavo Agostini
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Systematic - UFRGS
---------------------------
Sabonim Gustavo Agostini
Master in Hapkido UYK

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »

Thanks James for showing up and sharing this unfortune news yourself. It is indeed terrible. My stomach is like to be scattered by the waves on the ocean. Arghh it feels completely bad! But I have hopes for the future, hopefully all the things will be regulated and we can see you on the stage.

No worries, we are with you.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:10:53 pm »

Arghh I have to say this. The fact is that the first thing came to my mind about this cancellation, Peter Wildoer was chosen for the position of the drummer of DT and you know there are lots of works to do and the second thing and funny too, Peter wasn't chosen and because of this he was terrorizing.  Grin Tongue

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »

I feel for the ones with their tickets who were all looking forward to it, I feel for James and the guys also, it couldn't be helped, you didn't have much advance time to sort it, life likes to stop us in our tracks sometimes. Don't feel bad.  Wink

Anita.

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »

Damn. I wanted to see this tour so badly.

We will be patient Capn' Pirate.

In the meantime, I'll crank up some Dali's Dilemma and JLB

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »

Poor guys! Undecided Hope things keep on rocking with you all ...

We fans are here to support you these troubled times.

Take care!

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

Dream Theater69

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

Shocked Terrible news indeed, I love the new album and was truly looking forward to seeing you solo for the first time. I have seen Dream Theater countless times but was really hoping to catch this tour.

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 09:28:59 pm »

No worries Cap'n, no worries! We'll all stay fine.

Til then let's rock together with Nick Spanjaards and his "shake, shake, shake" performance. So good this man! I can't believe my eyes, ears, brain ...

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:44 pm »

No worries Cap'n, no worries! We'll all stay fine.

Til then let's rock together with Nick Spanjaards and his "shake, shake, shake" performance. So good this man! I can't believe my eyes, ears, brain ...

Man, you are pure genius. Let's headbang with Pull Me Under.

JLB

The Mullmuzzler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 10:07:22 pm »

Stupid government.  Don't they know they'll never get out alive...as they are dealing with the rogh boys.

MissMetalliJedi

Jedi of Film, Music and Cool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:35 pm »

That sucks.  I hope  you are able to re-schedule the tour once the  visa thing for  those guys  is sorted. Anyway thank you for reminding me about my visa ;P

Im a woman and I L O V E Progressive Rock (in all its variants) and I got into it on my own , thank you...now back to our regular programming.
Chase YOUR own star. THIS ONE is MINE.

smga3000

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 10:40:45 pm »

they don't care about the illegals pouring in, but heaven forbid a group of people come through and generate tax revenue for them.  what a crock of crap.  I'm really sorry to hear about this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: