Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question About Frameshift: UTR  (Read 3992 times)
GatherYeRosebuds

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:30:27 pm »

According to the Used Bin radio interview, there's a part on Frameshift's Unweaving The Rainbow (an album I regretfully do not own and have never heard) where James sings a capella through about 72 tracks; effectively a massive one-man choir. I've heard this technique used to a much lesser degree in a lot of power metal (Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica spring to mind) and I loved its use with Rusell Allen's voice at the beginning of The Divine Wings Of Tragedy by Symphony X.

But with that many parts? And all of them provided by the greatest voice on earth? I beseech you, those familiar with the Cap'n's work with Frameshift - which song was this on?

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 04:31:44 pm »

I know that there are 2 tracks with multiple JLB layers. One of them is "Walking through Genetic Space", and I think the other one is "River out of Eden". And if you don't have this album, you MUST get it! It is an eargasm of JLB's voice.
Edit: I was inspired to listen to the album after reading this thread, and I was mistaken with "River out of Eden". That song does have multiple JLB layers, but the other a cappella song is the previous track, "Spiders".
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:44:01 pm by Viola da Voce » Logged

GatherYeRosebuds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »

Cool. Thanks a lot!

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »

I think it's Cultural Genetics IIRC

GatherYeRosebuds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »

None in Cultural Genetics, but Spiders was absolutely epic, as was Walking Through Genetic Space.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:00:56 pm »

None in Cultural Genetics, but Spiders was absolutely epic, as was Walking Through Genetic Space.
Absolutely! The more James, the better :-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: