Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Autotune used on James' voice in DT  (Read 24178 times)
James LaBrie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 11:03:51 am »

Hey All,

Let's get something straight. I do not use auto tune live. I have in the studio and post live recordings. This recording from Tokyo and any other live videos on youtube has not been auto tuned. So to those who don't believe it, sorry to bust your bubble but you are absolutely wrong. This and all the others are exactly as they went down.

Rock on,

James.

Freko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 11:06:24 am »

Hey All,

Let's get something straight. I do not use auto tune live. I have in the studio and post live recordings. This recording from Tokyo and any other live videos on youtube has not been auto tuned. So to those who don't believe it, sorry to bust your bubble but you are absolutely wrong. This and all the others are exactly as they went down.

Rock on,

James.
I was pretty sure u didnīt use it so..good to have it on paper!  Cool

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 11:39:32 am »

Thanks JLB!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:03 am »

Hey All,

Rock on,

James.
so there Cheesy Thanks for chiming in and giving us heads up, Cap'n!

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »

Hey All,

Rock on,

James.

That should nip any misconceptions in the bud. Smiley

Anita.

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »

Don't get Pirate angry! You Disbelievers!  Tongue Grin

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 01:19:18 pm »

OK.  How many times do I have to tell y'all?  If you start talkin' smack about James, he IS INDEED gonna come here and set you straight. 

No more threads like this, please! 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »

OK.  How many times do I have to tell y'all?  If you start talkin' smack about James, he IS INDEED gonna come here and set you straight. 

Hey, no one is talking smack about James. I for one was really curious as to if autotune was used on his voice or not - I'm more than satisfied to have all my doubts cleared. No offense meant

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 02:41:18 pm »

Hey, no one is talking smack about James. I for one was really curious as to if autotune was used on his voice or not - I'm more than satisfied to have all my doubts cleared. No offense meant

This.

I can't see the wrong thing about this thread. I mean, since there is James personal and offical forum and since there is a place for their curious fans, they are free to ask such questions. I see no harm at all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:45:18 pm by SeRoX » Logged

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 03:48:17 pm »

No one was talking smack lol. The point I tried to make with this thread is that I thoroughly enjoy James' natural voice and am disappointed when that naturalness is tampered with.

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 03:50:08 pm »

Hey All,

Rock on,

James.
I was pretty sure u didnīt use it so..good to have it on paper!  Cool

He did say he's used it in the studio and on post live recordings... I'm glad he doesn't use it live though. Thanks to JLB for clearing that up, b/c it's usually hard to know if autotune was applied live or after the fact.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:52:03 pm by B-rad » Logged

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:37 pm »

I think I should have put in a few smilies with my post. I didn't mean that the way I typed it.  Sorry guys.  I didn't mean any harm.  I said it "tongue in cheek".  Next time, I will remember to put my smilies in.   

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:22 pm »

I think I should have put in a few smilies with my post. I didn't mean that the way I typed it.  Sorry guys.  I didn't mean any harm.  I said it "tongue in cheek".  Next time, I will remember to put my smilies in.   

Haha no prob Donna. Those emoticons do wonders don't they? Maybe I should start using those things, because I don't think I always come across the way I intend to on here.  Wink Smiley Grin Cool

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »

Hey All,

Rock on,

James.

looks like another time for the signature to do the talking Tongue

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 10:02:47 am »

Does happen on teh interwebz. We know you're lovely really, Lieutenant.  Kiss

Cry  Thanks so much, sweetie.  This is a great bunch of peeps here.  I mean that. I will watch myself more careful.  Seeing as how a new thread has been started using what I have said here.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: