Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Petrucci speaks!  (Read 7035 times)
Freko

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »

It makes me smile to see JP so optimistic about the future of Dream Theater, and only makes my point stronger that Dream Theater is going to do great, especially the part where he said they never considered breaking up for even a micro second.

If only registration were open on his forums, I'd tell him myself. :[

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 02:08:54 am »

Well neither JP's nor James' statement regarding MP's departure (and they practically mirror one another) put a smile on my face, but it's nice to know JP (as the new bandleader?) is strongly optimistic about their future. So am I. Also, I can see that John is actively taking over as the band's main spokesman on the forum.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:32:27 am »

JP has a great personality. I've  been reading his own forum and nice to see that he kindly answered all the quetions that fans asked.

He comfirmed that DT WILL NEVER CHANGE AND KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.
 Cool

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Dave52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:52:53 am »

To me, Dream Theater's story is one of defying the odds, standing for true integrity in music

As opposed to leaving for an aweful band that has very good album sales...?  That's how I read that.

Blue and red of day, to purple night, to absent light, to disarray.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:30 am »

I must say JP is pulling the classiest act so far. His forum has been stormed by questions, but he manages to answer nearly all of them. His one-liners are the most encouraging thing coming from the band right now

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:02 am »

I must say JP is pulling the classiest act so far. His forum has been stormed by questions, but he manages to answer nearly all of them. His one-liners are the most encouraging thing coming from the band right now

good thing my account at jp.com was still valid..haven't posted in years. he started answering questions until pg 13. he said that he will continue sometime today answering more questions.

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:10:37 pm »

I have tried repeately over the years to join JP's forum....it always says I am a member, but I have never been allowed to post anything....but it is good reading right now!  Very kind of JP to take the time to answer fans questions and offer reassurance.

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 05:24:34 pm »

I love his response to the question about whether he and the rest of the bandmates had considered breaking up the band. "Not for a minute. 25 year careers don't grow on trees".

trialoftears

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:12:34 pm »

I really can't wait for the next DT album..............it will be as amazing as the others.
JP is optimistic because he should be. One man alone does not make DT, it is the music that counts & they won't disapoint.

"Heard you speak, but never listened"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: