Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MP's Thought About DT Without Him! (DT without a heart)  (Read 5083 times)
SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2010, 04:35:42 pm »

http://paulgargano.blogspot.com/2010/09/mike-portnoy-quits-dream-theater-can.html

Well, he did not directly write it but he quoted and established on his offical Facebook account.

What he says here is not acceptable or I just don't understand.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »

Why the hell would he quote that on his facebook pages when the conclusion of the article basically says that DT will have no heart without him? How weird...

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:17 pm »

Why the hell would he quote that on his facebook pages when the conclusion of the article basically says that DT will have no heart without him? How weird...

I'm afraid if he means; "without me they will suck".

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Freko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:47 pm »

well, it seems to me that more ppl are involved in the twitter/facebook accounts..
like "Absolutely amazing recent MP interview that was just posted...hopefully this will put a smile on everyone's faces..."
3rd person talk, thatīs ghey.. so I belive thereīs more ppl in this picture.

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »

I really hope Mike doesn't feel that way. I'm certain Dream Theater can do fine without Mike. It might be a little strange, but we're talking about some of the greatest musicians in the world here who have a good relationship.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:10:10 am »

after reading this album i see the writer is being pessimistic about the concept. The best we can do is read it and move on. Mike made his choice and there is nothing we can do to change it, the best we can do as fans is support him in whatever avenue he does in his future.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 01:38:08 am »

I'm still very sensitive about the whole thing, so I'll try to be careful and not throw any assumptions. There are so many people out there saying that DT without Portnoy is doomed to fail, that they should rename themselves/disband etc. I just don't see why an article expressing such thoughts is stuck to Mike's FB profile. This looks very odd shall I say. Not to overreact. Again.

What can I say... It's not the first time DT find themselves in a do or die situation. This time it's going to be even harder, with all that pressure from media and fans and without a core bandmember. It's not going to be an easy ride, but I believe they'll manage to keep the Dream alive no matter what... and we'll see what future holds.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:49:00 am by Natt » Logged

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Alan564

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:19:52 pm »

The other members of Dream Theater aren't babies, they can make decisions without Mike
And they most certainly can make great music without him.  I feel kinda bad for them cause alot of people are basically saying that Mike is the band and everyone else isn't important.  They will be proven wrong  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: