Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Theater ring  (Read 12345 times)
SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 03:06:20 am »

I really want it but can't find at Turkey. The one like James LaBrie uses. It's pretty awesome.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

It is unique and awesome cause it's handmade  Wink Made and given to James by a Dutch female friend of mine  Cool

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:30 am »

It is unique and awesome cause it's handmade  Wink Made and given to James by a Dutch female friend of mine  Cool

Oh i didn't even know that but there are so many items and there must be ring somewhere  Sad

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:18:25 am »

The rings used to be available, but have been out of production for a long time now.  Seems like about 10 years, if memory serves.  Sometimes they crop up on ebay, so you might look there.  If you do a web search on someting like DT jewelry, you might get lucky.  Perhaps the one James wears was made by a fan, but there are others out there that are nearly identical, but you may have to look hard to find one.

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 01:33:59 pm »

Well.....I know that one James has on his finger was handmade.  And you know...I didn't want the same one as what he had in this case,  but I DID find something in an Avon magazine - it's really for women to wear, as Avon is a North American company that specializes in beauty products, cosmetics, jewelery, some clothing...etc. 
I got myself one of these a couple of months ago:

It is called an "empowerment ring".  The explanation of it is right here:
http://shop.avon.ca/avonshop_en/default.asp

So not only am I wearing it as a symbol from one of the DT CD's that I do indeed love, but I am also supporting a worthy cause.  There is also a bracelet and a necklace to match, but I didn't get those. 

Wink

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 02:41:57 pm »

Ooh nice... a morpheus strip (infinity symbol). Smiley Those are awesome Cheesy

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »

Yes, and on the inside of the ring, it's got an automatic size adjuster - kind of like a spring-y type adjuster that fits from I think sizes 6-8 or something like that. 

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:10:15 pm »

Yes, and on the inside of the ring, it's got an automatic size adjuster - kind of like a spring-y type adjuster that fits from I think sizes 6-8 or something like that. 

and only $5 wow... not bad

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

huh... *sigh*
I'm allergic to most metals except silver

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 04:59:05 pm »

I believe the ring is silver plated, Natt.  If it isn't, then maybe it's made with stainless steel or the surgical steel that I have heard in non-allergic.  Check it  out if you want....

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 05:41:26 am »

If someone on the forum sees the ring (just ring) from somewhere which is open to buy, let me know pls.  Roll Eyes

I don't know why but I really want it.  Cheesy

JLB

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 09:55:50 am »

Hmmmm.....
Look here:   http://cgi.ebay.com/DREAM-THEATER-LOGO-RING-925-STERLING-SILVER-/180475178739?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0528aef3

Sorry, hon.  That's all I could come up with.  There was a thread about it on the DT fan forums, but it wasn't conclusive of anything. 

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 09:59:02 am »

Ohh thanks Donna. I think I'll order it. thank you so much.  Cheesy

JLB

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:04:06 pm »

Yes, there was an official DT ring a few yrs back (I'm thinking SFAM days but it could have been a bit earlier)

I ordered one and never got it. I paid through paypal and everything and never received. I was so disappointed (I am still to this date) because DT meant so much to me those days...It was a way of life, a way of thinking, a way of doing things..The DT way, the DT philosophy.

The Ebay link that Donna posted contains a non-official ring but its the closest one you can ever have if you are not willing to pay for a self-designed ring. There are a few forum members from the MP and DTF that have the official rings but I still haven't hunted one down. I would love to have one someday, even though I'm not of a jewelry guy. I don't even wear my wedding ring anymore (that lasted a couple of months..LOL). With all the box lifting I did at Target, my fingers are swollen and it doesn't go in anymore (no, i'm not heavier..LOL...I did in fact loose about 12 lbs during this 3 months working there)..

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 06:43:29 pm »

I liked her Pain of Salvation "BE" pendant even better. Wink

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: