Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Static Impulse  (Read 149792 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »

Matt Guillory's facebook

"Hey guys and gals! Tomorrow morning (Tuesday August 24th) A new James LaBrie song will be premiering via stream @ www.revolvermag.com so prepare to crank it up! \m/ \m/"

Outshined

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 02:57:49 am »

don't know how "google translator" would work for you but there's a review of the album on a greek site.
check it and ask if you have any questions.

http://www.rocking.gr/reviews/album/James_Labrie_-_Static_Impulse/3046/

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:51 pm »

Matt Guillory's facebook

"Hey guys and gals! Tomorrow morning (Tuesday August 24th) A new James LaBrie song will be premiering via stream @ www.revolvermag.com so prepare to crank it up! \m/ \m/"

I have just looked on your link, it has been updated and there is a song called `I Need You` on there.  Wink

I have not listened to it yet, I will though as soon as my headache from hell goes away, thanks for the link.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:16:33 pm by Magdalena63 » Logged

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:31 pm »

the link to 'I Need You'
http://www.revolvermag.com/music/detail/james-labrie/

my goodness, what happened to vocals? Are they so horribly drowned in the actual mix as well?  Huh

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

DreamerTV

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 12:38:19 pm »

Remember that this is in streaming... "One more time" mix sounds a little different in James's Myspace.
By the way, good little catchy song!. Though those screaming seem always a little bit out of place.

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2010, 12:45:21 pm »

Remember that this is in streaming... "One more time" mix sounds a little different in James's Myspace.
By the way, good little catchy song!. Though those screaming seem always a little bit out of place.
welcome to the forum  Wink

Oh yes, I do realise the sound is compromised because of streaming. Still, I'm a little worried.

But the song itself is great imo. Took me only 2 listens to get into

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2010, 12:49:07 pm »

OH. MY. GOD. This is truly awesome. I like how James sings high in the chorus. Suprisingly, screaming vocal doesn't bother me at all for this song. Considering this is streaming I still think this is better than One More Time.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 12:57:25 pm »

I like how James sings high in the chorus.
Can you even make his vocals out? Me barely. I mean, seriously, there's Matt, there's Peter, but where is James?

Oh well. Sounds like I'm complaining (whining, nagging, you name it). That'll pass. I just can't wait to hear the whole album Cheesy

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 12:58:47 pm »

I hear James.  Huh

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

DreamerTV

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »

welcome to the forum

Oh thank you!. Having not an italian board, i'll write here for a while Smiley

-sorry for the ot-

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2010, 02:24:03 pm »

"I Need You" is quite a contrast from "One More Time" the intro is layered with triplets by the guitar with also a douplet, creating a 3 against 2 contrast in the guitar. the drums follow the triplet guitar along with the bass, while the keyboard has its own pattern that has its own flow separate of the others.  The vocals remind me of the darker part of ITPOE pt2. the 6/8 change with the scream vocals changes the flow of the song and then it returns to the 4/4 giving another contrast between the sudden time signature change, pulling out that Progressive angle. James having the layered chorus and pre/post chorus' along with "I need you" and "Help me, i am broken..." layered over each other towards the end. The guitar solo(s) have two separate sounds that makes you wonder if it is two separate guitarists, however with the layers in the chorus guitar the solos compliment the crunch.

DreamerTV

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:41 pm »

The guitar solo(s) have two separate sounds that makes you wonder if it is two separate guitarists, however with the layers in the chorus guitar the solos compliment the crunch.

Actually, the first part of the solo i guess is matt with keyboard, and the second is Marco.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2010, 07:54:03 pm »

The guitar solo(s) have two separate sounds that makes you wonder if it is two separate guitarists, however with the layers in the chorus guitar the solos compliment the crunch.

Actually, the first part of the solo i guess is matt with keyboard, and the second is Marco.

that's what i thought after i posted (but then I had to leave and it never crossed my mind til now) Tongue

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2010, 12:08:49 am »

the tracklistings of the regular and digipack along with the preorder links:

James LaBrie's upcoming solo album "Static Impulse" will be released in Europe on September 27th, 2010 and on September 28th in North America. The tracklisting will be as follows:

Static Impulse

1. One More Time
       2. Jekyll Or Hyde
       3. Mislead
       4. Euphoric
       5. Over The Edge
       6. I Need You
       7. Who You Think I Am
       8. I Tried
       9. Just Watch Me
      10. This Is War
      11. Superstar
      12. Coming Home

Click here to pre-order your copy:

* CM Distro (CD + Shirt!)
        * Amazon.com
        * Amazon.co.uk
        * CD Universe
        * Play.com

There will also be a Digipak version available in Europe with a demo of "Jekyll Or Hyde" and an Alternate Mix of "Coming Home" as bonus tracks:

Static Impulse (Digipak)

1. One More Time
       2. Jekyll Or Hyde
       3. Mislead
       4. Euphoric
       5. Over The Edge
       6. I Need You
       7. Who You Think I Am
       8. I Tried
       9. Just Watch Me
      10. This Is War
      11. Superstar
      12. Coming Home
      13. Jekyll Or Hyde [Demo]
      14. Coming Home [Alternate Mix]

Click here to pre-order your copy:

* Amazon.co.uk
        * Play.com

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2010, 04:10:14 am »

After listening to I Need You a couple of times, I think I like One More Time better, but ofcourse I love both songs !!  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: