Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Static Impulse  (Read 95018 times)
James LaBrie

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »

Hey Everyone. I am very sorry for my lack of presence around here. It seems to be par for the course.  Anyway, you have heard I'm sure from several sources other than myself what is going on with the next Solo disc. Matt and I along with the fabulous players anxiously await the release. Everything is done and waiting to hit your doorstep or digital stream. The artwork is incredible the way it unfolds from front to back.
Matt and I colaborated with all the music and when it came to the lyrics we split the songs up so we ended up penning 6 lyrics each for the album. I think it further supports the album. I love where Matt comes from lyrically and the contrast between us gives more depth to the overall lyrical expressions.

Anyway, we are winding down the Iron Maiden / DT tour and it has been a great one. We play Madison Square Gardens tomorrow night, so needless to say it will be a highlight for this particular tour.
Okay, I'll touch back sometime soon, so until then take care and stay well. Wink
By the way the smiley face was put there by John Myung's son Christian. He insisted I put a face to the sentence.

Cheers,

James.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:46 pm »

Hey Everyone. I am very sorry for my lack of presence around here. It seems to be par for the course.  Anyway, you have heard I'm sure from several sources other than myself what is going on with the next Solo disc. Matt and I along with the fabulous players anxiously await the release. Everything is done and waiting to hit your doorstep or digital stream. The artwork is incredible the way it unfolds from front to back.
Matt and I colaborated with all the music and when it came to the lyrics we split the songs up so we ended up penning 6 lyrics each for the album. I think it further supports the album. I love where Matt comes from lyrically and the contrast between us gives more depth to the overall lyrical expressions.

Anyway, we are winding down the Iron Maiden / DT tour and it has been a great one. We play Madison Square Gardens tomorrow night, so needless to say it will be a highlight for this particular tour.
Okay, I'll touch back sometime soon, so until then take care and stay well. Wink
By the way the smiley face was put there by John Myung's son Christian. He insisted I put a face to the sentence.

Cheers,

James.

it is great to hear from you James. Can't wait for the album Wink 

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »

Thanks for the update James.  We understand that you are crazy busy right now, but thanks for posting on the new CD.
Have a great "rest of the tour" and "stay safe" back at YOU.....this tour is a long one for you guys....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:04:26 am »

Thanks for updating, James  Smiley
Do you gonna publish artwork? I hope to see it before the realize  Grin
Good luck for you and guys at MSG stage!
And say hello from us to Christian  Cheesy

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:07:37 am »

There are no words to describe how much I am looking forward to this album.
And I expected it to contain a bit more than 6 lyrics from James (maybe compensating for absense of any on DT's latest album), but in the end, sharing the pen with Matt Guillory seems more than fair

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:30:55 am »

Thanks James and thanks for saving time for us.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 03:46:33 pm »

Hey James, thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing you and the guys perform on Sunday in Chicago!

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »

Nice,im looking foward to it.

Oh and a quick note,JAMES,I DEMAND THAT THE NEXT DREAM THEATERS ALBUM,SHALL BE A CONCEPT ONE,LIKE SCENES FROM A MEMORY,IM THIRSTY FOR MORE.

Grin

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 02:08:36 am »

Oh and a quick note,JAMES,I DEMAND THAT THE NEXT DREAM THEATERS ALBUM,SHALL BE A CONCEPT ONE,LIKE SCENES FROM A MEMORY,IM THIRSTY FOR MORE.

Grin
*sigh*

James, I hope you and the guys are having the time of your lives, no matter how pushy or rude (not directed at any member here... just in general) "fans" might get. All that matters is that you guys are doing something that you love.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:37:02 am »

Grin

Hey, let's give the guys a break here!   Wink  They have been on tour for a long time, so after these next few days are over, they deserve a well sought after rest.   I wouldn't blame them if they didn't come out with an album for a long time.  They are human you know....give them their space..... Smiley

Outshined

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:17:18 pm »

The new album is a brave step forward - in some terms at least.

Glad to have found you.

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 12:07:06 am »

Hey, let's give the guys a break here!   Wink  They have been on tour for a long time, so after these next few days are over, they deserve a well sought after rest.   I wouldn't blame them if they didn't come out with an album for a long time.  They are human you know....give them their space..... Smiley

Oh,i didn't mean right now :p

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 08:39:33 am »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
We should have a "fictitious story line" to make up what the next concept album could be about.  I wonder what we would come up with....

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »

James now has a facebook page. (you can thank Matt Guillory for the info Wink)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Labrie/131142990261266

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 03:10:20 pm »

James now has a facebook page. (you can thank Matt Guillory for the info Wink)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Labrie/131142990261266

Thank you, Ash, for the info Smiley

I know the truth is out there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: