Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 171966 times)
Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by `J.R.Ward`

Vampire stories.

Anita.

You're a big fan of vampire novels, aren't you? Wink

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »

Vampire stories.

Anita.

I have been for some years. I own many novels and they are all about Vampires or Witchcraft  Wink and I have read them all. This is a series of eight books and are very intoxicating.  Wink

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 01:55:40 pm »

Vampire stories.

Anita.

I have been for some years. I own many novels and they are all about Vampires or Witchcraft  Wink and I have read them all. This is a series of eight books and are very intoxicating.  Wink
I see. As a teenager, I was a huge fan of vampire stories. But then I stumbled upon the Anita Blake series (can't remember the author now) and totally fell out of the whole thing
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:04:47 pm by Natt » Logged

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 02:03:25 pm »

Vampire stories.

Anita.

I see. As a teenager, I was a huge fan of vampire stories. But then I stumbled upon the Anita Blake series (can't remember the author now) and totally feel out of the whole thing

I know the Anita Blake series by ` Laurell .K. Hamilton` I only read  `Guilty Pleasures` and to be honest I cannot remember what the story fully was.
So far `The Vampire Chronicles` are my favorite by Anne Rice.

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 02:07:21 pm »

What about the... God forgive me for bringing this up... "Twilight Saga"? The mass hysteria broke when I was a school teacher and I read it to find out what my students were so psyched about
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:09:48 pm by Natt » Logged

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »

What about the... God forgive me for bringing this up... "Twilight Saga"? The mass hysteria broke when I was a school teacher and I read it to find out what my students were so psyched about

I read the books long before the films came out, I don't feel the films do the books justice, I do prefer the more adult stories, I prefer a mix of sinister and erotica, hence `Eclipse` and `Breaking Dawn` were my favorites of the saga.

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 02:17:50 pm »

I was going to ask the same question, only it's a bit of a gamble. Half the people I know who love vampire lit love Twilight, and half would - hah - bite me if I mentioned it. I'm sticking with Dracula, it's safer! Cheesy

Lmao  Cheesy I do love Bram stokers  Wink

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »

I just finished reading a cheesy vampire book, Living La Vida Vampire, by Nancy Haddock. I've been away from the vampire book world for a while. I was big time into it when I was a teenager, and I read all of the Anne Rice books. I've been getting into an urban fantasy kick lately.

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 02:26:04 pm »

Lmao  Cheesy I do love Bram stokers  Wink

Yup! Anything gothic, I'm in there like a shot.

Bit of a skip sideways here, but I just remembered I want to read Jekyll and Hyde again before Static Impulse comes out. I want to be fully prepared to entirely not get the lyrics.

I have not read `Jekyll and Hyde` I have watched films and documentaries on it though, that has to be a long while back though. I am more so drawn to dark things,  not just gothic but anything along those line, I am a practicing Witch though  Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:51:01 pm by Magdalena63 » Logged

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 02:29:40 pm »

Bit of a skip sideways here, but I just remembered I want to read Jekyll and Hyde again before Static Impulse comes out. I want to be fully prepared to entirely not get the lyrics.
Good idea. Would have worked for me if I haven't finished re-reading it just a few weeks ago, after watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Didn't like the film itself, but it had me refresh a lot of great books in my memory

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

I am a practicing Witch though  Wink
so that's where you get your incredible looks from? :p

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 02:33:29 pm »

Why thank you very kindly. I am totally non wiccan, just your everyday Traditional witch.  Wink

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 02:34:37 pm »

Aha!

Anita, be a dear and teach us? Wink

It all comes from within, the will is an amazing thing  Wink

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 02:35:23 pm »

Why thank you very kindly. I am totally non wiccan, just your everyday Traditional witch.  Wink
pardon my ignorance, haven't got the faintest idea what either of that involves Wink

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »

Good idea. Would have worked for me if I haven't finished re-reading it just a few weeks ago, after watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Didn't like the film itself, but it had me refresh a lot of great books in my memory

That film looks demented, but not in a bad way! Cheesy
it's just the way they got all those book heroes merged together that got me cringy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: