Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 85013 times)
Traveller69

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2012, 02:23:14 am »

I can't figure out why people are so worked up over 50 Shades of Gray. There are so many "erotica" books out there, and they've been around for so many years. It's not like this is the first one ever. Why is this one so special?
As was mentioned earlier: marketing.

They sold the book as a bridge between literature and erotica. And although the writer tries to add a second layer of explaining why Grey is who he is and how he is, it keeps the same through the story. It is mostly used (imo) to make Grey angry so he can do what he wants. The dialogues are not that good and the thoughts of the female protagonist are a bit childish.

Well, I'm intrigued enough to read the other 2 books.

@Donna - I'm happily LAT-ting, so I don't need the book as an inspiriation - besides, the lifestyle in this book is not my (or my girlfriend's) desired lifestyle. But as you say: to each their own.

Looking forward to "The Hobbit" as well...

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2012, 05:33:03 am »

I just finished reading "The Broom of the System" by David Foster Wallace. Now begin to read "Anna Karenina" by Lev Tolstoy - I absolutely love this novel and I can't wait to see Wright’s screen version with Keira Knightley and Jude Law ...

Will.Holloway

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

currently reading Slash's auto-biography. so good. anyone read this?

Sergzov

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2013, 07:16:55 am »

I'm reading  "Living La Vida Vampire" ,  book written by  Nancy Haddock and I love that .

Phsx2

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2014, 03:21:15 pm »

Thought i'd finally get around to delving into Asmiov's Foundation series. Due to university i'm only half way through book 1 (I know they're short..) but, much like his later work it's really rather fabulous.

"Of all the space bars, in all the universe... You had to end up in mine."

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2014, 11:48:55 pm »

Just finished NO REGRETS by Ace Frehley.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

Evegret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:50 am »

I'm just re-reading all the Harry Potter Books  Grin I love them!

One wonderful book I read before I restartet HP is "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" by Thomas Hardy. A wonderful tragical story written in beautifl words! So sad, but awwwwww!!!!!

La vie est belle!

jimihan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2014, 05:41:25 am »

Magic by Rhonda Byrne and I would definitely recommend the same to others

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: