Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 79470 times)
Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »

Hi all,

I thought it might be interesting for us discuss what books we might be reading at the moment. I just finished reading Sleeping with Schubert by Bonnie Marson. It was about a woman who gets partially possessed by the spirit of classical composer Franz Schubert. I'm also very excited because I just got Dreamfever, which is the latest installment of the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. It's sort of a Romance/fantasy/vampire series. It is total chick lit, but horribly addictive.

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »

I've just finished "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. Now begin to read "The Dark Tower" series.

I know the truth is out there.

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »

Dan Woog: "School's Out: The Impact of Gay and Lesbian Issues On American Schools"

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:13:37 am »

I've just finished "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. Now begin to read "The Dark Tower" series.

"The Dark Tower" series was a complete waste of time for me.

I'm reading "The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:15:22 am »

2 books :
"Misheu Laruz Ito"and"Sefer HaDikduk HaPnimi"by David Grossman.
Of course in italian!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:44:02 pm »

the Sookie Stackhouse series Smiley

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 01:02:10 pm »

I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in school when I was about 11 years old. I didn't care for it back then, but maybe I need to revisit it. I know it's supposed to be a classic.

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »

I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in school when I was about 11 years old. I didn't care for it back then, but maybe I need to revisit it. I know it's supposed to be a classic.

I watched the movie first. Then I read book in Russian. And after - book in English  Smiley Interesting - though translations of movies in Russia sucks, translations of books still very good.  Smiley

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:20 pm »

though translations of movies in Russia sucks

Oh rly? Most movies are just brilliantly dubbed in Russian!

But I watched "To Kill The Mockingbird" movie first, too, and perhaps i was too young at the time to fully embrace it. I read the book a bit later, then watched the film again - and there, I got it =))

Anyone read "A History Of The World in 10 1/2 Chapters"?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »

But I watched "To Kill The Mockingbird" movie first, too, and perhaps i was too young at the time to fully embrace it. I read the book a bit later, then watched the film again - and there, I got it =))

the history of the world in 10 1/2 chapters is the best Wink

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:46 pm »

"The Dark Tower" series was a complete waste of time for me.

I'm reading "The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins.
[/quote]

What is that book about? Im intrested in Richard's book called "The God Illusion".

Right now I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter, since Im a big fan of the show "Dexter". But the book isnt really as good as the show to me, but Im still enjoying it.

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:11 pm »

the history of the world in 10 1/2 chapters is the best Wink

let me shake your hand =))

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 04:29:22 pm »

What is that book about? Im intrested in Richard's book called "The God Illusion".

well it's basically "theory of evolution vs God", where  Dawkins explains origins of complexity by natural selection and such. Nice reading, but still I can't fully agree with the author.

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 10:19:16 am »

well it's basically "theory of evolution vs God", where  Dawkins explains origins of complexity by natural selection and such. Nice reading, but still I can't fully agree with the author.

Is these things the only thing that he writes about? For a well accomplished scinetist he is in my opinion a little to much into one argument. Whats the difference between "The God Illusion", hes newest book, and that one you reads?

And about Richard, I havent heard one idea that he has ever said that to me didnt make sense. He's the self-proclaimed "protector" of atheists, which can be kinda good for a place like america where atheists sometimes gets treated like heretics. Hes very smart, but I do find him to be kinda annoying sometimes aswell, even if I agree with him...hes a strange man!

Do you recomment hes books?

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Eva
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 12:02:22 pm »

I'm reading "La mort heureuse" from Albert Camus.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: