Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: James LaBrie - New album **Static Impulse**  (Read 58416 times)
MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 10:09:13 am »

Thanks for informing us, James! Smiley
Can't wait to listen to new album, I'm pretty intrigued with this "likes of Soilwork and Sevendust" stuff.

I know the truth is out there.

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:14 pm »

From Marco Sfogli's Facebook page

Marco Sfogli  will be going to Varberg, Sweden next week to record the follow-up to James LaBrie's 2005 release, Elements Of Persuasion. Lineup is: James LaBrie (vocals), Matt Guillory (keyboards), Marco Sfogli (guitar), Ray Riendeau (bass), and Peter Wildoer (drums). The album will be recorded by Johan Örnborg, mix and mastere...d by Jens Bogren, and produced by Matt Guillory and James LaBrie

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 01:59:31 pm »

Hey Everyone,

You are all correct to speculate on a new solo disc. You bet your ass we ( Matt and I ) are to begin recording on March 4th. I of course will be on tour but will be in contact with Matt daily while instruments are layed down. We are extremely psyched and can't wait for everyone to hear the new music. It is brutal, very heavy along the likes of Soilwork and Sevendust. I will follow this up shortly with a lot more detail on the players, studio location and time line for the release. I will begin my vocals mid-April.

Cheers and clear the wax from your ears.

James.

told you James was watching Wink

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

yeah, now I see  Wink

*Beneath an ever watchful eye...*
like this?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 03:08:46 pm »

yeah, now I see  Wink

*Beneath an ever watchful eye...*
like this?

Cheesy

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 04:21:14 pm »

Thanks James for your update !  Cool Can't wait ! It's taking waaaayyy to long  Cheesy Wink

I was just about to post Matt's Facebook comment;

"Matt Guillory will be going to Varberg, Sweden next week to record the follow-up to James LaBrie's 2005 release, Elements Of Persuasion. Lineup is: James LaBrie (vocals), Matt Guillory (keyboards), Marco Sfogli (guitar), Ray Riendeau (bass), and Peter Wildoer (drums). The album will be recorded by Johan Örnborg, mix and mastered by... Jens Bogren, and produced by Matt Guillory and James LaBrie.Stay tuned for more info coming soon."

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »

Great news!!!  Grin I'm very curious to see how this aggressive and heavy album will sound like  Cool

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »

Excellent! I love it when James is brutal... wait, I don't think that came out right... Wink

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

Excellent! I love it when James is brutal... wait, I don't think that came out right... Wink

hahahaha

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 06:24:54 pm »

The agressive tone means (for me) the another madmen & sinners is on the way and that makes me excited.  Cool

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Progemon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 05:36:08 am »

This great news. I love MM2 and EOP.

James, I hope that as a producer you'd make the decision to NOT compete in the Loudness War. Put the sound quality first and leave the dynamic range intact. Take us back to the early 90's in terms of dynamic range. Pretty please.  Smiley

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 08:01:17 am »

In a interview that james did in rome into the progressive tour nation,inO
october,he said that the album will be' realise before summer

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 01:24:20 am »

I'm unbelievably excited for this new album, I just hope James doesn't decide to sing aggressively throughout the entire thing. I'm really dying to hear some more of James' smooth, upper register.

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 02:07:53 am »

I'm unbelievably excited for this new album, I just hope James doesn't decide to sing aggressively throughout the entire thing. I'm really dying to hear some more of James' smooth, upper register.

I expect the heavy/aggressive songs to be warmed by a couple of beautiful mellow tracks  Smiley

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

lauraKJLBfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 01:14:41 pm »

Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin
Viola,u r great!!!!!

I love when James is brutal too! Wink Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: