Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: James LaBrie - New album **Static Impulse**  (Read 58419 times)
Aniland

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:08 pm »

I thought I recalled seeing something only a few months ago about how James was considering doing a new studio solo album. I just wanted to know if this was something that was known of and/or detailed at this point.

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:14:09 am by Donna » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:19:27 am »

I believe you're not the only one who'd like to know that =)

I think the best way to learn the news is to wait until James breaks it himself - on the forum or in any other way

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:33:29 am »

From previous interviews, James has hinted that his new solo album would be released around May - June 2010.

So far the players confirmed are Matt Guillory (keys), Marco Sfogli (guitars), and Mike Mangini (drums). I don't know about the bass but it could be Brian Beller as he has worked with James in his previous solo efforts or Andy DeLuca, which was the touring bass player for James' band. I would think if Mangini is not available, John Macaluso could take over...And I'm ASSuming Rich Chyuki would be the engineer for this one as well...

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »

From previous interviews, James has hinted that his new solo album would be released around May - June 2010.

So far the players confirmed are Matt Guillory (keys), Marco Sfogli (guitars), and Mike Mangini (drums). I don't know about the bass but it could be Brian Beller as he has worked with James in his previous solo efforts or Andy DeLuca, which was the touring bass player for James' band. I would think if Mangini is not available, John Macaluso could take over...And I'm ASSuming Rich Chyuki would be the engineer for this one as well...

Nope, it's a disappointment for me, but Richard is not involved in James' new album  Undecided

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 01:16:41 am »

Nope, it's a disappointment for me, but Richard is not involved in James' new album  Undecided

Really? Do you know about the other personnel?

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:52 am »

No, I know what you know...Hope James comes in here...soon  Wink

betty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »

Maybe he forgot there is a forum for him.... Roll Eyes

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:46 pm »

Maybe he forgot there is a forum for him.... Roll Eyes

he might be too busy making his new album

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 02:58:41 pm »

I would say he is busy with the new album and preparing for the south american leg.

If the targeted releaste date for may - june, he has to turn in the record to the label with 2-3 months before the release date. That's the way usually record labels operate. This means the record might be almost finished or he is going to finish it a bit after he returns after March 24, which is the last south american date.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »

I would say he is busy with the new album and preparing for the south american leg.

If the targeted releaste date for may - june, he has to turn in the record to the label with 2-3 months before the release date. That's the way usually record labels operate. This means the record might be almost finished or he is going to finish it a bit after he returns after March 24, which is the last south american date.

for all we know it could be done and he is just sitting back laughing at the speculation Tongue

it comes out when it comes out...

Aniland

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:51:54 pm »

Quite frankly, I'm excited as hell for whatever he throws our way. I listened to the Mullmuzzler releases the other night and I'm naturally craving more.

Of course, after my recent dream, I want nothing more than a power metal album from the man. XD

James LaBrie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:11:28 am »

Hey Everyone,

You are all correct to speculate on a new solo disc. You bet your ass we ( Matt and I ) are to begin recording on March 4th. I of course will be on tour but will be in contact with Matt daily while instruments are layed down. We are extremely psyched and can't wait for everyone to hear the new music. It is brutal, very heavy along the likes of Soilwork and Sevendust. I will follow this up shortly with a lot more detail on the players, studio location and time line for the release. I will begin my vocals mid-April.

Cheers and clear the wax from your ears.

James.

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 09:23:05 am »

Hey Everyone,

You are all correct to speculate on a new solo disc. You bet your ass we ( Matt and I ) are to begin recording on March 4th. I of course will be on tour but will be in contact with Matt daily while instruments are layed down. We are extremely psyched and can't wait for everyone to hear the new music. It is brutal, very heavy along the likes of Soilwork and Sevendust. I will follow this up shortly with a lot more detail on the players, studio location and time line for the release. I will begin my vocals mid-April.

Cheers and clear the wax from your ears.

James.

Oh James, thanks for clearing up. Can't wait to hear you solo work. I know it will be awesome with your agressive tone!

James ROCKS  Cool

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 09:49:44 am »

Thanks for letting us know, James!

yes... YES... YEAAAAH!   Shocked Simply can't wait!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:07:22 am by Natt » Logged

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 10:04:34 am »

Excellent James!

Hope you can post that info soon! Good luck with the DT tour!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: