Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Recipe Thread!  (Read 6352 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:01:44 pm »

OK!  We ALL like to eat.  Do we like to cook?  Or to have someone else's cooking?  Share your favourite or current recipes here!  This one is for Rob.   Grin

Banana Split Cake
Ingredients:
1 package (510g) Betty Crocker Super Moise white cake mix
water, vegetable oil*, egg whites called for on the cake mix
1 cup mashed bananas
3/4 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tub (450g) Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe frosting or 340g Betty Crocker Whipped frosting in chocolate flavour

* Heat oven to 350F for shiny metal or glass pans or 325F for dark or non sticky pans.  Grease or spray bottom. 
*In large bowl, beat cake mix, water , oil, eggs and mashed bananas on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally
*Stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into pan
*Bake per instructions on back of cake mix.**
*Place frosting in microwave safe bowl and microwave uncovered on "High" for 20 seconds.  Stir thoroughly or until smooth.  Pour over warm cake; spread evenly.  If desired, serve each piece with banana slices, whipped topping and a maraschino cherry.

* instead of vegetable oil, you can substitute 1/3 cup apple sauce. 
** I made these in cupcake form, so it didn't take long for me to bake.  The baking instructions for the cake are actually about 38-40 minutes, but in my own oven at home, that would be WAAAAY too long.  Bake per your discretion.  You know your oven and it's strength.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:03:20 pm »

Tiramisu

Moscarpone Cheese
Savoiard cookies
3 large eggs
˝ cup sugar
Espresso – spiked with brandy, cognac, or Irish Cream

-   Combine eggs yolks and sugar into mixing bowl.  Beat 2-3 minutes
-   Add Moscarpone and beat 3-5 minutes until consistency is smooth
-   In another bowl, combine 3 egg whites and a pinch of sugar.  Beat until stiff peaks form.  Gently fold into Moscarpone mixture
-   Dip each side of the Savoiard cookies in the espresso / liqeuor mixture
-   Layer cookies and Moscarpone until you get about a 3 layer cake

Decorate as desired:
-   Sprinkle cocoa on top
-   Make cream with panna and cocoa or panna and a bit of remaining espresso for flanour

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:04:38 pm »

This one is a nice summer fruit treat:

Fruit Salad with Sweet Chips

Take wraps and brush with a bit of butter on each side.  Then take ˝ cup sugar and 1 tspn of cinnamon; ˝ tspn of clove and nutmeg and mix and sprinkle it on and rub in with fingertips to make it stick.  Cut into wedges and bake at 350 or 400 until beige and flip.

Take them out to cool.

Salsa:

Cut fruits into tiny cubes
i.e.  Nectarine, peach, kiwi, mango, green apples (or mix red and green apples for colour); purple plums, pineapple, oranges (take as much rind off)

Dressing for salsa:

Honey
Orange juice
A bit of mint.

Let sit in the fridge for ˝ hour before serving.  Top with fresh mint.

Arkabarca

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 01:19:09 am »

Interesting Thread! I´m not good at cooking but I can´t say the same of eating  Tongue ...I´ll take note of the recipes  Smiley and I´ll ask my mom (who is an excelent cooker) for a good recipe to share with you... Kiss

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

Bumping to resurrect this thread for anyone interested in sharing a recipe AND....Viola de Voce...girlfirend...this recipe is put up for you:

Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies:

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

1 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

10 oz bag chocolate chips

1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuff 

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.  Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!

Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE Cookies 

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:32:20 pm »

...and this is a personal fav of my own:

Banana berry muffins:

1/2 cup butter or margarine

2 cups flour

3 mashed bananas

2 eggs

1 cup white sugar

1 tspn baking soda

Optional: About 4 or 5 strawberries cut into pieces ...or you can use about 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries too

1/4 to 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (depends how chocolately you want it)

Combine and bake at about 325....watch the time! I have a "wonky" oven, so about 15-20mins usually does it for me. But keep a watch on them since they are in cupcake form. I found once the 10 minute time hit, I had to put my timer on increments of 5 minutes and I had to keep watching. If you have a newer oven, hopefully you won't have that to worry about.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

Bumping to resurrect this thread for anyone interested in sharing a recipe AND....Viola de Voce...girlfirend...this recipe is put up for you:

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.  Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!

I am now drooling enough that it is rolling off of the keyboard and onto the carpet… Smiley

Zwerg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:15:40 am »

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

Interesting Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: