Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Path Will Soon Divide -- The Great Northern Empire/ Ravenskill Rebel Militia  (Read 6834 times)
fmkdqosj

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »

So I am sure many of you got the official DT e-mail  to 'choose wisely' and sign up. I have 2 e-mail addresses( even though they get revert to one account) so I signed up for both.

Let's speculate! What the heck do you think is going on? Double album? Concept album? Both? To me this sounds super cool, I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but for at least 15 years now, I have hoped DT would make a fantasy/ sci-fi flared album. Take all those countless European epic power/prog metal bands to school! For Jordan to say, "fans will find the new album 'interesting' " makes much more sense now.

What does everyone think?!

I was so puzzled Huh Huh

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 10:40:52 am »

Did you sign up for one of the newsletters? There have been several e-mails sent from each side; and the story has developed with each one a bit more. A shame I really cannot go to one of those opening acts in February!

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 03:12:44 pm »

"The Gift Of Music"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-dream-theaters-wildly-ambitious-new-concept-lp-20151203

This is just my thoughts, it's like IW, Awake and 6DOIT combined. And I like it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:27:59 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 07:02:32 pm »

Wow thanks for posting this! January 29th can't come soon enough! Looks like I can only listen to the new Megadetha album 1 week before I start to play the new DT album to dust. If it is 2 hrs and 10 mins of music like Petrucci said, I hope there is plenty of the hard and heavy prog-metal to keeps the metal heads like myself satisfied. The last album was seriously lacking on that 'metal' front. I do really like 'The Gift of Music', and James' soaring vocal are superb! (as always).
I hope they put out the US tour dates sooner rather than later, so we can plan way ahead for buying tickets.

Woa! And good thing I just checked out the official DT website, I had no idea they were taking pre-orders for the deluxe box set edition, and only 4,000 made!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:41:55 pm by Asianhawk » Logged

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Dentachi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 02:48:50 am »

I realize this topic has wandered from the OP question, but an idea, perhaps too complicated, has occurred to me that I feel would be very, very impressive if DT were to pull it off: perhaps this could be Metropolis Pt 3. Look at it like this. One theme of Scenes was duality. Each character transcended two bodies. Which is to say, if one character (soul, shall we say) transcend two bodies between time, why not do it a third time? Better yet, why not disseminate between multiple bodies? The Great Northern Empire (hypno/Edward) vs. Ravenskill Militia (Nick/Vic). Or, this could be about a man in a mental asylum where he's fighting a "war inside" his head because both souls are trying to take one body and this album is a mental/visual map of what's going on, characterized by the various characters?

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »

The new storyline is actually a Science Fiction that JP wrote himself.

The Rolling Stone article that the band did gives a huge insight on the storyline:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-dream-theaters-wildly-ambitious-new-concept-lp-20151203

Dentachi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 01:13:33 pm »

Oh, yeah, I know about that. I just think it'd be a cool tie-in if they could squeeze some Metropolis stuff in there to make us speculate like crazy. Or just leave a whimper of Metropolis that would solidify it as part of the timeline.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: