Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Path Will Soon Divide -- The Great Northern Empire/ Ravenskill Rebel Militia  (Read 5494 times)
Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:17:56 am »

So I am sure many of you got the official DT e-mail  to 'choose wisely' and sign up. I have 2 e-mail addresses( even though they get revert to one account) so I signed up for both.

Let's speculate! What the heck do you think is going on? Double album? Concept album? Both? To me this sounds super cool, I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but for at least 15 years now, I have hoped DT would make a fantasy/ sci-fi flared album. Take all those countless European epic power/prog metal bands to school! For Jordan to say, "fans will find the new album 'interesting' " makes much more sense now.

What does everyone think?!

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »

I was so puzzled  Huh I'm a bit reluctant just to registrate without knowing which path to choose...  Tongue Let alone to do that wisely.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »

A couple of links to articles with some possible info on the status of Dream Theater's up and coming new works:

http://bravewords.com/news/dream-theater-to-debut-new-album-in-its-entirety-in-europe#.VjerQXNwcwc.facebook

"The Astonishing":

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-11-02/astonishing-promoters-leak-new-dream-theater-album-title

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »

Wow very interesting! One would think to be correct in assuming the album will be out before Feb. 18th then. I can't imagine the band would play the new album in its entirety for 3 dates in Feb. before it is released, and before anyone could listen to it. But then again...maybe that is the mysterious selling point to go see them live on those first three dates! Obviously though everyone will be filming and recording the concert on their cell phones; I can't imagine that the band would want the rest of the world to hear the album on youtube in that format for the first time.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 10:07:14 pm »

And any of you that have signed up--you should have received the first e-mails today from the sides chosen. I have to say, it is pretty cool, DT has never done any kind of world building like this before, and it's about time! If you have not signed up, you will already discover the time period this new concept has been set. Dargor, sign up!

-- William Faulkner

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:12:00 pm »

Yes, I got my email today......  what a journey this is going to be.....
I joined the Great Northern Empire per advice of my Husband, but after reading my "Decree"....I am starting to think I should have joined the Rebels.....yikes.... Grin  I also couldn't help get a "Priests of Syrinx" vibe from my email.  I read it in my head in the voice of Gandalf the White.  Holy am I nerdy......
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:19:12 pm by Donna » Logged

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »

Well I signed up for both sides. The Empire definitely sounds like the evil giant government running a dystopian world. I think I am already on the rebels side!
I can just imagine how crazy the stage show will be for the official tour! I am sure the biggest ever! And no wonder why DT is planning 'the evening with' from now on.

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 03:25:08 pm »

Have any of you seen the series "Da Vinci's Demons"?

I have a feeling this new album is going to be similar to that...

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 07:21:28 pm »

http://www.dreamtheater.net/theastonishing

We are slowly meeting the characters, the map and tracks of this new album.

Also you can follow each side on twitter
https://twitter.com/CommanderArhys
https://twitter.com/EmperorNafaryus

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:20 pm »

Hmmm well apparently from a DT e-mail I received today says, "The tour will see the prog-titans delivering a one-of-a-kind show in which they premier their entire forthcoming album live. "
So, to me that sounds like the first time any of us will hear the new album-- is at this first show. The album will not even be released yet. If James (or anyone else that knows for a certainty) is reading this I wonder if he can confirm this?
The 28 year old Asianhawk says," Buy the tickets for London and enjoy the greatest show on earth." But the now responsible 38 year old Asianhawk with much more disposable income says, "save your money you fool. A first time trip to the UK for about 2 days is pretty silly, even IF it is the only band on the planet that matters."
I will just have to await for the official album release and see them on tour in the states. But not going to youtube and watching/listening to the show will be absolutely next to impossible for me. Dargor are you going to a show? Anyone else on this board going to a show?

-- William Faulkner

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 05:12:44 am »

I can't afford to go to a show, including gas, food, parking tickets and such it's €100. The theatre in Amsterdam is special though, hardly bands like DT play in Carré.

I've joined up with 'Ravenskill'  Cheesy

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 06:23:30 pm »

Dargor I don't blame you! I just spent $900 on new paints and brushes I needed....so we all have priorities, for sure! I remember the days 15 years ago when a front row ticket VIP package for DT was only like $150.... I am so happy for the band that they have basically become a household name...but YIKES the tickets have skyrocketed!

-- William Faulkner

Evegret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 12:05:09 pm »

If I had money, I would go to a show. But only if there were a show close enough where I live now Cheesy
With baby it's impossible even to go to Saarbrücken  Cry I feel with you, Martijn!

La vie est belle!

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »

Hey let me ask the European fans then-- do many typical Europeans or at least from your countries Martin and Evegret-- just charge a credit card for sometime like this concert, that hypothetically they really can't afford? I have to say it is typically very common for an American to do so.

-- William Faulkner

Evegret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:07:00 am »

I never did so, if I cannot afford something I just cannot buy it!
Only exception: building a house.

But I know many people in Germany pay by installments. (Sure, that doesn't work for a concert but mobile phones, pcs, furniture,....) And many people get into dept because they want to have something what they cannot pay. Maybe they would do an overdraft for a concert, too.
I grew up in a family where we learned how to economize. I never needed to lend money so far. I'm probably not the right person to ask Grin

La vie est belle!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: