Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenes From A Musical?  (Read 3158 times)
Phsx2

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2014, 02:23:12 pm »

Yea, I was listening to SFAM the other day and it got me thinking... Why in the hell hasn't it been translated into a musical?!

You've got everything you need, great music to work from, a decent sized cast and a damn good story. Why has no-one even attempted it, so I put to you ladies and gentlemen of the jury; am I just being a crazy person, or do you guys think this could work?

"Of all the space bars, in all the universe... You had to end up in mine."

BTVN1827

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:52:38 am »

Could it work? Absolutely...would a major production company invest in it...probably not. I don't see something this original and spectacular making it on the mainstream Musical stage.

However if Lord of the Rings the Musical...Edward Scissorhands the ballet (it was awesome I will say) and many other offbeat projects can be done, this could definitely work.

Man, it would be amazing though wouldn't it!...staging the various time periods, a relatively small cast. Imagine the level of a pit-band you would need :-)

Rock on
"words they preach I can't relate if God's true love are acts of hate"

Phsx2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:07 pm »

Sorry for not replying for errr 3 odd months :p Yea it'd be awesome. In terms of musicians... You'd probably have to simplify it and well.. Dance would have to go and a lot of the songs would be cut down... It's one of those things that I'd love to do but I don't have the skills required to put it together.

"Of all the space bars, in all the universe... You had to end up in mine."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: