Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Along For The Ride  (Read 2377 times)
ba.usmc@yahoo.com

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:42:47 pm »

Dear, James when the album "Dream Theater" Came out on sept. 23 2013 my wife of 11 years was in a Denver, Colorado hospital battling cancer. For the last five months the only songs I have listened to are 5-9 on the album. My wife lost her battle on march 2, 2014 at 1am after 3 1/2 years at the age of 35. I saw that the band will be in Denver, Colorado on April 10, 2014 at the Paramount Theater just a few short blocks from the hospital where Heather was at, I plan to try to get tickets for my brother and I to see you guys. The music on the album got me through tough times and will continue to get me through tough times. Thank you and the other guys in the band for helping me through my wife's death even though you don't know me or my late wife. When Heather was in the hospital I played "Along For The Ride" for her and sang it to her in my very poor voice, Heather and I both cried, our marriage wasn't the best but I would not trade the 11 year "Ride" for anything in the world. Our 11 year anniversary is on March 12, 2014. Thank you James for taking the time to read this if you do. I thank you and Heather thanks you from above.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:44:39 pm by ba.usmc@yahoo.com » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:03:25 pm »

Our deepest sympathies to you....we welcome you with open arms to our Board here.  It is never easy to lose a loved one.  I am so very sorry your wife lost her courageous battle.  You are a strong man and a wonderful husband for being by her side. 

I sympathize with you as just over a year ago, I lost my Brother suddenly at 50 yrs old.  A couple of months later, my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I am happy to say that (Thank God) after her lumpectomy, chemo and radiation therapy, we can say she has thus far, come out on the other side.  And yes, Dream Theater's music (along with a few other bands for me) has helped a great deal, not only as an outlet, but a sounding board.

I don't know you who are .... but I will include you in my prayers.  It is nice to meet you.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: