Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New DT song - "Along for the ride"  (Read 5725 times)
Hprog

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:50:56 am »

Hello all!

How can it be that no one has commented on "Along for the ride" yet?  :-o Check it out https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F109173624%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-bMKdM

Oh and James rules on it!!!

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »

Yeah, I heard it... but this is a quiet place - like Along For The Ride is a quiet song Wink

Well, quiet in a certain way. Drums are a bit behind in the mix, there isn't much happening music-wise, and the song has a relaxing, laid-back character. Not really one that sticks in your head. It's not a ballad we're used to hear, normally the ballads really stand out and have more quality. But it's not a bad song, and I like James' vocals.

I suspect this song fits in perfectly inbetween louder/heavier songs on the album. We'll see in due time.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:48:23 pm »

I do indeed love this song...it's emotionally driven and I love the way it was written.  I haven't been able to stop listening to it.  Once again, this band has tapped into my life and where I am found, and has put into words / music what I needed to hear. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »

The song needs a couple of plays to grow, I feel that. Somehow something vaguely does remind me of Vacant... The beginning mostly Wink Vacant is way more introvert and a lot darker obviously.

I'm listening to it now again, and it definitely is getting better  Smiley

The snare drums do sound more or less the same as on Images & Words... I hear some of 'Learning To Live' in MM's drumming in the second part of the song.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: