Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: James LaBrie NEW CD RELEASE UPDATE  (Read 56479 times)
baritoner

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 12:59:24 pm »

Great Cover Art!

Stephanus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 04:52:09 am »

Amazon.de dispatched my copy of "Impermanent Resonance" this morning!!!

Smiley

Guess what I found in my postbox one hour ago!  Cool

fredwiggy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:46 pm »

Sorry to say, but yet another tremendous album,good melodic vocals,nice leads,strong rhythm section, ruined by the adolescent growling vocals. There ARE rockers out here that are old enough to know music and know growls belong in death metal,not anything else.

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »

Mine will arrive next week, but Amazon lets me stream it already, so I'm listening to it for the 3rd time. Excellent follow up to Static Impulse! Growls don't bother me personally and I like the mixture of styles in the album.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 01:15:05 pm »

So. appears the Europe release of the album is today. How is it?

(the US has to wait until next tuesday Aug 6th before it's released here. I for one cannot wait to hear the album!)

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 05:08:24 am »

I finally ordered "Impermanent Resonance".  I can't wait to hear all those amazing songs Smiley.

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 05:12:07 am »

Listening to it for about 5th time... Less aggressive, than SI, but still very melodic and catchy. Great album, definitely worth waiting.

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »

I've given it only one spin so far and here are my 2 cents.

Like with the previous record, much of its success rests with Matt Guillory's incredible grasp of melodic sound. To me, it was too light and pop and not heavy sounding enough (Static Impulse was, for that matter), but I would be lying if I said i didn't start nodding to the rhythms, and some of the melodies got stuck in my head right away. Still, I have this nugging feeling that structure-wise, and musically, too, the album is 2-3 songs being re-hashed over and over again, to me there were no songs that really stood out, it's all kind of smooth and alike-sounding. I kinda wish the instrumental parts and especially drums were more diverse. The vocals are amazing though, James's voice doesn't sound a least bit forced, and he's really giving it all. The screams and growls don't bother me at all on this one- I hardly noticed they're in there.

As much as I'm not used to the pop side of it, I'm definitely digging the album. It's gonna sit in my ipod for quite a while.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

MichalIwanio

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 03:04:51 pm »

Well I think that we've got two different teams on the cd. Hard rockers - Marco, Peter und melo pop team - Matt and James. I must say I hate Matt's sound on this record. It sounds like f* techno, I think he is a great player, but this time his selection of presets to me is just awful. The voice of Pirate James is also not in my type. He is my favorite singer, but I expected much more power and heaviness. Of course I love his light and breathy tone, but with such lyrics the magic is lost. I think they could write much better lyrics. That's for sure.

That is my impression after listening to the album twice.
C'mon guys if it's gotta be pop, let's make it more ambitious.

Stephanus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »

JLB's new album entered the dutch album charts on #67 today.

Smiley

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

Just got my copy today, and to my surprise It was the Limited Edition Digipack. I thought I had just ordered the regular edition (at the time that was the only option). So I for one am a very happy person. I need to listen the hell out of this CD and then I'll try to do a review of the CD. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:10:41 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 08:54:33 am »

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-dream-theaters-james-labries-solo-album-impermanent-resonance.html Here it's streaming..... gonna spin it now  Cool

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 06:29:15 am »

...........aaaaaaaaaand today I finally bought it!!!!!!!! the limited edition with the two bonus tracks  Cool

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

ruthm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:31 am »

I cant stop listening to Agony what an amazing track

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: