Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scenes From A Memory Short Film  (Read 7033 times)
AKendless

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »

I'm graduating from the University of Akron in May studying Media Production. For my Senior Honors Project I chose to do a short film based on Scenes From A Memory. It was written, produced, directed, shot, and edited by myself. I shot over 6 days and edited it in another 6. Only the characters of the hypnotherapist and Victoria had any previous acting experience.

I'd love to get feedback from the DT community! This is my first short. I've had countless arguments with friends about the plot line of the album, and I wanted to show my take on it. Making this on my own was extremely difficult and it still has a lot of flaws, but I hope you all enjoy it!

This was completely for education purposes and I am in no way using it for financial gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf-GUqToHQ

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:34:31 pm »

I like it! Pretty good film. Especially I like that Victoria+Edward part is speechless.

I know the truth is out there.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

Cool film. I thought your choices of music were interesting, as well as some of the unusual camera angles.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »

I'm graduating from the University of Akron in May studying Media Production. For my Senior Honors Project I chose to do a short film based on Scenes From A Memory. It was written, produced, directed, shot, and edited by myself. I shot over 6 days and edited it in another 6. Only the characters of the hypnotherapist and Victoria had any previous acting experience.

I'd love to get feedback from the DT community! This is my first short. I've had countless arguments with friends about the plot line of the album, and I wanted to show my take on it. Making this on my own was extremely difficult and it still has a lot of flaws, but I hope you all enjoy it!

This was completely for education purposes and I am in no way using it for financial gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf-GUqToHQ

hope you don't mind if a fellow video production person gives come critiques...

WHITE BALANCE. The elevator lead up and in the elevator is not properly white balanced... I say that because the lighting just seems off. While i know that might be by design of the album, it is kind of distracting from the video.

the angles work great (no matter how unusual they are. Dutch angles do that)

BUT the lighting is driving me nuts!  Sad

cutting on the action is nice too.

the screenshot overlays work nicely too.

the sound was excellent, and the story flowed together very well. Just remember one of the most key points is lighting.  the greatest example is when Nicolas is sitting in the waiting room next to the lamp. His clothes and his skin wash out, along with the lamp.

I got hounded on the same thing in my production classes, only reason I say. However, if that was part of the design, then disregard me comments Smiley

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:13:50 pm »

MP himself liked the film  Smiley

Quote from: Mike Portnoy
A-MA-ZING short film based on Scenes From A Memory...Bravo!!!

I know the truth is out there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: