Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "This Time, This Way"  (Read 5123 times)
DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2012, 04:38:40 am »

Hey, what's up, everyone? Been a long time since I've posted here. Been pretty busy.p

I've been listening to James' "Prime Cuts" album quite a bit, lately. And one of the tracks I've been playing over and over again is, "This Time, This Way", which, we all know came from Trent Gardner's "Leonardo: The Absolute Man" project. Well, I gotta say that I can't get enough of this song. Very powerful in music, lyrics, and vocals. But, then again, James' vocals continue to amaze me. Even Lisa Bouchelle's vocals are awesome. What do you guys think?

P.S.
I've had my on the "Leonardo" album for quite awhile, now. I've heard awesome things about it, but still haven't had the chance to buy a copy, yet, due to $$$ being tight. What is everyone's opinion on the "Leonardo" album?

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:13:11 am »

Personally, I still find the album "Leonardo: The Absolute Man" overwhelming, brilliant, deeply pensive and emotional, and "This Time, This Way" is one of my favorite songs, because it's so beautiful, emotional and powerful - the duet between James and Lisa Bouchelle is absolutely magical (I really liked Lisa Bouchelle as Mona Lisa, her voice seems to be especially suited to this character ...).
"Leonardo: The Absolute Man" is an impressive opus (full of the sounds of piano, violins, trumpets .. so beautiful)  and James's vocals are sublime, he is a truly amazing artist/musician. 

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:55:14 am »

I agree with Diana! "Leonardo" is a forgotten gem, those who are lucky to know the album I guess are all agreeing that it's such a wonderful and memorable record! This Time, This Way is possibly the best song on the record, but let's not forget the impressive performance of James on "Shaping the Invisible"... but the album is full of impressive songs: Mona Lisa, First Commission, Reins of Tuscan... all in all a great cast, a stellar performance by James, and vivid atmosphere that just makes you want to be in Tuscany to hear this record. I'm also proud to have it signed by James  Smiley

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »

You got it signed by James?! Very cool.

I'll be buying a copy of "Leonardo" when I get my next paycheck. I gotta hear this album. "This Time, This Way" is already an awesome song. I need to hear the rest of this album. And I know James' vocals are outstanding on the album. I've been a fan almost 2 years, now, and his voice still gives me chills.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:30:51 am »

Leonardo is a truly great album.  Like a sweets, but for the ears of prog rock fans.
Russian local issue of it is still on sale for about a 7$ per new CD. So if you need my help to get it - just let me know Smiley

I know the truth is out there.

DR1029

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:32:32 pm »

Been a LONG time since I posted as well.

Yes Leonardo is a great album.  I got to know Lisa Bouchelle very well as she lives in my area and also performed a few times in my Summer Concert Series.  Great lady!!

-DR

Adns (Philippines)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

That's a great song!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: