Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: another solo album in the works  (Read 16362 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »

From Matt Guillory's facebook

"Hey everybody! James LaBrie and I are very happy to announce that writing for the next James LaBrie album has started. We're very pleased with how well Static Impulse was received and are excited to be making a follow-up. You can expect all the usual suspects: (Marco Sfogli, Peter Wildoer, Ray Riendeau) In addition to this, we'd also like to announce that Peter Wichers (SOILWORK) is on-board as a co-songwriter. Peter loved Static Impulse and looks forward to making a kickass record with us. He is extremely talented and we're stoked to have him! More news to come. Stay tuned - and Happy New Year!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:38:49 am by w34vi1 » Logged

Stephanus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:44:45 pm »

Why the question mark?

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:35:53 pm »

Why the question mark?

Matt Guillory is not to be trusted! Sneaky fingers, you know.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

Why the question mark?

Matt Guillory is not to be trusted! Sneaky fingers, you know.

Need the Cap't conformation Wink

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:14:19 am »

Well, it's on the Captain's facebook page:

Hey everybody! Matt Guillory and I are very happy to announce that writing for my next solo album has started. We're very pleased with how well Static Impulse was received and are excited to be making a follow-up. You can expect all the usual suspects: (Marco Sfogli, Peter Wildoer, Ray Riendeau) In addition to this, we'd also like to announce that Peter Wichers (SOILWORK) is on-board as a co-songwriter. Peter loved Static Impulse and looks forward to making a kickass record with us. He is extremely talented and we're stoked to have him! More news to come. Stay tuned - and Happy New Year!

Greetings,
Henry

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:21:21 am »

Wheee  Cheesy
Looking forvard for the new album. And I hope thus time tour will happen  Smiley

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:45:28 am »

What a wonderful news to start the new year with Smiley

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:24:23 am »

And I just ordered Static Impulse for only 5 Euros from play.com! (Yes, I didn't have it Tongue)

Greetings,
Henry

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:08 am »

That is fantastic news. Thank you for sharing. I loved Static Impulse and I am already looking forward to the new album Smiley.

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:17:49 pm »

Well, so this means, if it wasn't already clear, that the Static Impulse phase is over and there won't be any tour behind it. Well, let's hope he will tour for the next one  Wink

I am pleased with the latest 2 solo albums and I have no doubts the next one will be great as well, but I would be even happier and anticipating if it was something like the Mullmuzzler albums, those records were awesome! (not that the latest two aren't, just a different kind of awesome)

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

Sweet! Can't wait to hear it!

YtseBitsySpider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »

and now you can all go and listen to the awesomeness that is Soilwork.

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:54 pm »

Very much looking forward to this release, and hopefully a tour this time.   Captain, make sure they get the visas in order this time or make 'em walk the plank!

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »

What I am excited about the most....is we won't have to wait another 6 years in between each solo album Tongue  Roll Eyes

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 07:46:41 pm »

YAY!

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: