Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: James, You've Blown My Mind  (Read 9026 times)
B-rad

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPsS4D6T9U&feature=related

This performance of Under a Glass Moon is NUTS. DT better be filming a concert dvd soon, because James' voice is kicking monumental ass.

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:27 am »

Great video. Thank you for the link. James is amazing, as singer and performer. The versatility of his voice is stunning, indescribable.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:36 pm »

This video proves once again James is in the best vocal shape he's ever been (*knocks on wood*) old days power and range + the best voice control he's ever had live. Fingers crossed it'll last for years Smiley

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:32:04 pm »

The fact that James can incorporate so much rasp and overall power into his singing nowadays is simply amazing. You can tell he is continuing to refine his technique with every show, so props to him.

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »

Agree 1000%.  James blew me away earlier in the tour, particularly with the two acoustic songs.  Although I'm holding a slight grudge against the fellows for not coming to Colorado!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »

Agree 1000%.  James blew me away earlier in the tour, particularly with the two acoustic songs.  Although I'm holding a slight grudge against the fellows for not coming to Colorado!

blame Live Nation.

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 01:50:36 pm »

O.K., damn you Live Nation!!!  That made me feel better.
I was lucky enough to fly to SLC to see that show, but my son & wife missed out.
I'm anxiously awaiting for James and the others to blow my mind away again!

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 11:54:06 am »

He blew me away last summer and I'm so looking forward to my next Dream Theater concert on January 30!

Greetings,
Henry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: