Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Theater Grammy Nomination!!!  (Read 48670 times)
rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 06:55:19 pm »

The guys do clean up nice.  Very cool picture.  I'm proud of them for getting nominated and attending.  A lot of bands would just blow it off if they were on tour in Europe.  Given the history of award winners, they had to know they were very long shots at best for a win.
Just glad they went and enjoyed it. 
Major kudos to Cap'n and the rest of the crew!

ashflower

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

I called it.

James cutting his hair IS TENS TIMES THE SHOCK OF MIKE LEAVING THE BAND TO ME!!

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 07:55:12 pm »

It does suck that the Foo Fighters won. Plus, the lead singer was performing like every 5 seconds. It was like the Foo Fighter show, not the Grammys.

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 01:10:33 am »

What's up, all? Haven't been able to post on here in months, as work has been extremely crazy.

I'm extremely bummed out that DT did not win. Foo Fighters are on OKAY band, but it seems to me that this was more of a popularity contest. But, the very fact that Dream Theater, my all-time favorite band, at least received the nomination.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

B-rad

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 12:37:46 am »

I think you guys will enjoy this
http://loudwire.com/dave-grohl-foo-fighters-hard-rock-metal-grammy-win-feel-bad-for-dream-theater/

Fancy dress contrived rhetoric speech
The unlettered masses conforming
Rank and file members fearing change
But questioned their own faith this morning

"You people way up in back, put the fuckin hotdog down and put your hands together LET'S GOOOOOO!" - James LaBrie

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 01:14:31 pm »

Interesting that Dave mentioned Dream Theater as having an actual metal performance. I wonder if he considers Megadeth and Mastodon as also having actual metal performances…

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:43 pm »

It does suck that the Foo Fighters won. Plus, the lead singer was performing like every 5 seconds. It was like the Foo Fighter show, not the Grammys.

Don't you mean "The Adele Show?" God, I'm surprised they didn't just give EVERYTHING to her. She's so annoying. Not because of her music, although I don't like that either, but because NO ONE WILL STOP GUSHING ABOUT HER. And because if you so much as hint that you don't completely and totally love her, then they get really defensive and they bite your head off.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 02:37:44 pm »

Don't you mean "The Adele Show?" God, I'm surprised they didn't just give EVERYTHING to her. Ahe's so annoying. Not because of her music, although I don't like that either, but because NO ONE WILL STOP GUSHING ABOUT HER. And because if you so much as hint that you don't completely and totally love her, then they get really defensive and they bite your head off.
Thank you! I'm glad to find another person who isn't impressed by her. She sounds just like Carole King, but everybody is raving over her as if she is totally unique. I've had my husband bite my head off a few times when I mentioned that I don't think she's anything special.

ashflower

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »

Don't you mean "The Adele Show?" God, I'm surprised they didn't just give EVERYTHING to her. Ahe's so annoying. Not because of her music, although I don't like that either, but because NO ONE WILL STOP GUSHING ABOUT HER. And because if you so much as hint that you don't completely and totally love her, then they get really defensive and they bite your head off.
Thank you! I'm glad to find another person who isn't impressed by her. She sounds just like Carole King, but everybody is raving over her as if she is totally unique. I've had my husband bite my head off a few times when I mentioned that I don't think she's anything special.

I'd say it was the Whitney Houston show. Adele deserves the awards I think. The competition in most categories was pathetic anyway. I'd rather see her win over Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.  Lips sealed

James cutting his hair IS TENS TIMES THE SHOCK OF MIKE LEAVING THE BAND TO ME!!

Adºn¿s (Philippines)

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:41 pm »

Atleast they are nominated/recognized. It's much better than nothing, and im happy and prout about it  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: