Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me, my mothers last request  (Read 26347 times)
Condemnation

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »

Hello everybody at this forum. First time I'm posting on this forum, but I've been a huge fan of DT and James for 10 years now.

I desperately need the help from the forum members here, please. The situation is this. My mother has cancer. She's been battling this beast for 2 years now, and the prognosis has always been grim, but in the last couple of weeks, things have become very bad, very fast. She doesn't eat anything, she's depressed, sad, you name it. It brakes my heart to see my mother like this. I'm doing everything I can to help my mother at this point. So yesterday I asked her if there was anything I could do for her. Well, here's the thing, I've given her my old mp3, with some of her favourite music, to listen to. I always knew she loved DT and James singing, but I didn't realize how deep the love was/is.

She told me that she'd been listening to a couple of songs over and over again, Through her eyes was the one she played and loved the most. She told me that she could dream away when listening to that song. It made her cry every single time. As I said, I knew she loved the music, but that she would rank James and DT at the top of preferences, that I would've never expected especially when I accidentaly played a few songs on the cd player in the car from DT all those years ago.

My sweet mother, 58 years old, is in a hospital bed in Sweden. She's fighting cancer, and she's losing the battle. She tells me this, "I would really love it if I could get in touch with the singer in DT or some of the other band members, to thank them for their music, it's moved me very deeply." My heart almost broke. I knew I had to do everything I can to fulfill her wish. If only she could recieve a letter, a handwritten or computer written note, or maybe some cd's with autographes or something, I know she would be the happiest woman on earth!

Please, everybody on this forum who has any idea on how I can get in touch with anyone in the band, preferably James of course, please tell me. I need to do this, and I need YOUR help! Thank you!

VioletS16

Forum crazy snake lady!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:07:13 am »

Firstly I am so sorry about your mother and I felt really sad reading this. My first advice is to make a Twitter account and contact Piretecjs (James), Jcrudess (Jordan) and JPetrucci (JP) about it. Jordan is on Twitter most often so maybe ask him to pass along the request. You may get no more than just a quick tweet from them to your mom as they are busy men but I'm sure it would mean a lot to her anyway.
Your mom has great taste in music, by the way Smiley

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-fly, and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying - ACOS

<3

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:54:29 am »

^This

Plus, James and Jordan has personal Facebook pages, as far as I know, they read messages there.

I know the truth is out there.

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:00 am »

May God be with you and your mother in this difficult time. Like VioletS16 said, Twitter would be very inmediate, and James usually answers to the tweets sent to him.

Greetings,
Henry

Condemnation

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Thank you so much for all your help. I'm so glad that anybody at all answered, and on top of that, gave some really good advice. I'll keep on trying the different things suggested. If anyone else has anything else to suggest, I would be very happy to hear it!

Again, to those who answered me on this thread so far, THANK YOU very much! I'll tell my mother about the kind people on this forum. :-)

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 04:30:08 pm »

Prayers sent your way, Condemnation.  Yes, we have a stellar crew on our Board here with many amazing members.  And they gave you the best advice possible.  James and Jordan do have Twitter accounts, and I know James has a Facebook account as well. 

We hope that you can get your message to the band.   Thanks for signing on with us, and keep us posted. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

The thing you should do right now is adding James LaBrie personal facebook account (he never rejects) and catching him online. He is really kind and trying to talk everybody due to facebook chat. Just catch him online.

Btw, sad story but I hope it's getting better and better. We all are with you, my friend.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

Condemnation, I am so sorry about your mother, it is so inexpressibly sad and heartbreaking and I very much hope that you can get your message to the band.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »

+1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I've had several family members of my own who have battled with the cancer beast, so I know how tough it is. Best wishes to you and your family.

Condemnation

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 03:45:32 pm »

I can't even begin to express the love I have for you people on this board! So here's what worked. I contacted James and Jordan on Twitter. After a few days, I recieve two tweets from James himself where he says he will say a prayer for her, and he feels touched that his/DT's  music has meant so much to her.

Without YOUR help this never would have happened. Thank you for answering my request, love and light to all of you! I'm in tears writing this..

Also I want to thank James Labrie of course. I want to share really quick what I did today with your tweets. As soon as I woke up today, I turned on the computer and read my mail. I saw that I had two new tweets. I logged on twitter and was floored. I went to work and when work was done I sat for 45 minutes after work, just to print out the tweets on paper, and then laminate (is this correct in english?) the paper. Since I work in pre-school we have the materials necessary. Then I went to my mother at the hospital. She had a severe nosebleed and looked really sad. (We're going to talk to the doctor tomorrow, most likely about her being transfered to a hospice, since they will not do any further treatment of her cancer.)

You can imagine the sadness in the room. I then told her I had a message for her. She said "Really? From your colleagues at work?" "No" I said. "Then who?". I showed her what I had printed out, James two tweets to my mom.... and she had to read it three times to really get it. She was really happy of course. After a couple of minutes she turned to me, crying, saying "I never thought he would answer... that he would have the time to answer." I don't know if it's possible, but both my love, and my mothers love, for the band Dream Theater and the singer James Labrie, grew even bigger.

Despite the horrible times we are all going through, and the sad fact that my mother and I most likely only have days, weeks or, perhaps, months to share together, this experience has been truly inspiring and... ahhh... I don't know what to say.
Thank you board members, thank you Dream theater, and thank YOU James Labrie. Love and light
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:57:28 pm by Condemnation » Logged

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:32:59 pm »

We're very happy for you and your mom, Condemnation! I knew that James wouldn't leave your request unheard - or, rather, unread.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:30 pm »

I have tears in my eyes.  I am so happy for your mother that James gave her a bit of joy.  God bless you and your family as you continue through this difficult journey.
Thoughts and prayers.

Traveller69

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 04:38:49 am »

wow - tears in my eyes as well after reading that.

Wishing you lots of strength for the future.

VioletS16

Forum crazy snake lady!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:49 pm »

Oh my god. I cannot express how happy I am for your mother. She must have been absolutely touched. I am so sorry to here she is probably going to a hospice, but she will live out the rest of her days in peace now.I knew that James would definitely respond! Wow...I am so happy for her...let her live out her final days in as much peace and happiness as humanly possible. Be there for her more than you ever have now....wow...I just cannot express how lucky she is that of all the people she could have wanted a message from, it was someone as good-hearted as James...what a great end to life...tell her I send my love....

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-fly, and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying - ACOS

<3

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 12:20:25 pm »

I'm also happy that James got back to you. I wouldn't have expected less of him!

My prayers also for you and your mother in these difficult times, friend!

Greetings,
Henry

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: