Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In memory of 9/11 2001  (Read 17510 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:42:49 pm »

This is in memory for all of those who regrettably lost their life in the fall of the World Trade Centers of NYC in September 11th 2001.

I can remember watching the events unfold. I was in 6th grade, and i had only been back in the States for 2 months.  Not only did i watch it on the news at home, but once I got to school, each teacher had it on and we watched the news for an hour then.

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »

We should not forget those who lost their lives in Washington, DC and in a field in Pennsylvania that day either......there were a LOT of innocent and very brave people who paid the ultimate price for the senseless acts of terrorists that horrific day.....let us be sure to honor them all........

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:59:07 pm »

We should not forget those who lost their lives in Washington, DC and in a field in Pennsylvania that day either......there were a LOT of innocent and very brave people who paid the ultimate price for the senseless acts of terrorists that horrific day.....let us be sure to honor them all........

Yes them as well. Along with those who were lost during the pentagon attach....

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 12:24:21 am »

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:03:30 pm »

Yes I remember seeing this on the news. I felt so sad for all people that lost their lives. We had a "one minut prayer"-time in school when they put the whole school in a big dark gymnastics room with candles.
And they also made us paint the scene on papers which was kinda weird.

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:50 pm »

Yes I remember seeing this on the news. I felt so sad for all people that lost their lives. We had a "one minut prayer"-time in school when they put the whole school in a big dark gymnastics room with candles.
And they also made us paint the scene on papers which was kinda weird.

Dude, we not only had a whole emergency assembly because of it, but 9/11 was my first day of high school. I got out of my first two classes and went to my locker to get more books, and the TVs were playing the news in the student lounge area--that was when I saw the second tower get hit.

And then, I overheard this conversation in the student locker area between two seniors who were worried that there would be a draft and they'd get shipped overseas.

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:56:10 am »

Bumping up this thread to remember the fallen of 9/11 ten years ago today.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 05:43:26 am »

My heart goes out to everyone who lost a loved one to this tragedy. Yesterday we saw a moving documentary about 9/11 and the horror I felt 10 years ago is still there.
We will never forget this day.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:12:34 pm by diana » Logged

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 05:23:38 pm »

I am going to show my age here, but I had just graduated with my master's degree and was getting ready for my first day of teaching on 9/11. My boyfriend (who is now my husband) and I were both getting dressed for work, and we watched the planes hit the buildings live on TV. We just sat there with our mouths open, in shock. To make matters worse, my father was going through liver failure and was in the hospital. So not only was I upset by what was going on with the terrorist attack, but I was also extremely worried about my father. Sadly, he passed away a couple weeks later on 9/28. It was a very difficult and painful time for me. A tragic start to the beginning of my "adult life". I still have a hard time thinking about the events back then.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »

I hear ya, VdV.....A lot of great things happened in the last decade, but it didn't start out great for us either in the very beginning.  Sorry to hear about your Dad, even though it was a while ago....I'll still hug you for it....a parent loss can take longer to heal than most losses.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 01:11:49 pm »

Thanks, Donna Kiss

Traveller69

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:54 am »

I understand why the Americans would like to commemorate the tragic events of 9/11/2001.

Here in Europe I thought by myself: "Yes, it is a tragedy and ofcourse I would like to see some news coverage, but aren't they taking it too far". But I couldn't stop myself from watching a few documentaries and seeing some of the images brought it all back to me. Yes, this should be remembered for many years, as it is a blatant attck from fundamentalists who preach peace but go out killing to get attention.

I wish lots of strength for anyone dealing with the aftermath, even after all those years Sad

On a sidenote:
On the iPad I have installed an app which tells the story of a some of the (professional) photographers, how they experienced the day, what went through their mind. Ofcourse there are some shocking pictures included in the app. It seems like a paradox to look at the pics and be shocked about what you see and at the same time admire them for their beauty, their composition. It really is worth checking out to get a better understanding of the tragedy and on me, the stills have more impact than the video's shot on that day.
Not wanting to make it sound like an advertisement (if needed, please moderate this) - but the app is free and really touching.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: