Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iced Earth fans unite! New album!  (Read 7052 times)
Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »

New Album news...October 18th release. Just so happens to be my birthday!

http://www.icedearth.com/home/iced-earth-mainman-reveals-cover-art-release-dates-for-dystopia

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Jamie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 09:58:12 pm »

You're not the only one that's uber excited for this album!  Grin I CANNOT WAIT to hear what Stu will sound like on this album. As Jon Schaffer said, he has the possibility to become a legend in metal. With his godly range, it's definitely possible.

The little things that kill you make you glad to be alive.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 01:42:01 pm »

Yeah Stu Block is really like Matt Barlow and Tim Owens combined...! I don't care for the death grunts with his other band Into Eternity, though. That has always turned me off from them...but I know I need to given Into Eternity another try. They have a ton of albums.
I am absolutely stoked for this new IE album. That last one MUSICALLY with Matt Barlow's vocal just fell flat and quite honestly was boring. Had nothing to do with Barlow's vocals...the music was just monotonous and flat. I have to admit I just wish Ripper Owens joined back...but after how Schaffer basically fired Owens, for Barlow to jojn and then just quit once again...I think Owens would tell Schaffer to go jump in a lake...or something more unseemly.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

ashflower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:07 pm »

I will give this a chance, because Iced Earth's last few albums have been absolutely amazing. But I was so freaking mad when I heard Barlow left AGAIN, because Crucible of Man was so unbelievably good, and it looked like the future could be nothing but awesome. They were going to rerecord Framing Armageddon with Barlow, which would have been great (Not that Ripper Owens didn't do a good job.. in fact he sounded much better in Iced Earth than any other band he's been in). I haven't listened to Into Eternity in 5 years, but I'm sure vocally, Stu is up to the challenge.

James cutting his hair IS TENS TIMES THE SHOCK OF MIKE LEAVING THE BAND TO ME!!

Numbstrike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:57 pm »

Oh my.. I should check this out.
I have to say though, I was utterly DEVASTATED when Barlow decided to leave. I respect his decision completely, but still.. He was by far my favorite IE singer.
But like I said, I'll still have to check it out. See if I like the Stu sound.

But does the mockingbird know, once she feasts upon the flesh of her own kind, that her mentality has no limits?

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »

Iced Earth was pretty much dead to me after Matt Barlow left. (Barlow has been one of my all time favorite singers, and Iced Earth is about the only US band I even listen to! That's how much I love this band) I obviously bought double Gettysburg album when it was released and immediately didn't appreciate Ripper's vocals. It took me a awhile to like Ripper's vocal style....And then he just grew on me! Now for several years Ripper has been one of my favorite singers. I wish he just joined back to Iced Earth... But I think Stu will be amazing.

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:55:03 pm »

Iced Earth was pretty much dead to me after Matt Barlow left. (Barlow has been one of my all time favorite singers, and Iced Earth is about the only US band I even listen to! That's how much I love this band) I obviously bought double Gettysburg album when it was released and immediately didn't appreciate Ripper's vocals. It took me a awhile to like Ripper's vocal style....And then he just grew on me! Now for several years Ripper has been one of my favorite singers. I wish he just joined back to Iced Earth... But I think Stu will be amazing.

I hope DT counts in your US band listens... because aside from James... they are a US band Tongue

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:08 pm »

Hahaha! DT and Iced Earth, that's about it.....Kamelot, too, but I don't consider them a fully US metal band.

-- William Faulkner

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:03 pm »

Hahaha! DT and Iced Earth, that's about it.....Kamelot, too, but I don't consider them a fully US metal band.

ok North American Band Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: