Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: DT cracks US Top 10 Chart (Msg from MP)  (Read 18076 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »

Billboard has updated themselves

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=The+Billboard+200

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 10:19:51 pm »

Dude, I think a pig just flew by my window. Tongue

Thanks for the link!

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 05:29:56 pm »

New data from the Billboard charts: Dream Theater has the #1 album on Top Internet Album sales. Wink They're also #21 on Billboard's Top Digital Albums.

If you're wondering, the classifications are defined as follows: internet sales means physical albums sold through the internet, whereas digital albums are albums downloaded from the internet.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:39:24 pm by nicoli » Logged

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 05:39:48 pm »

New data from the Billboard charts: Dream Theater has the #1 album on top 10 internet sales. Wink

AWESOME!

Krahn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 09:39:29 am »

New data from the Billboard charts: Dream Theater has the #1 album on top 10 internet sales. Wink

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!
Hmm..they are #46 this week. But it's not bad. Huh SC was #69 in the second week..... 

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 11:08:06 am »

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!
Hmm..they are #46 this week. But it's not bad. Huh SC was #69 in the second week..... 

Which chart is that, the Billboard 200? Or the Hot 100?

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:20:23 pm »

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!

the hot 100 is for singles

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 02:50:11 pm »

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!

Yeah, I didn't know they had any singles from this album or not.

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 04:32:22 pm »

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!

Yeah, I didn't know they had any singles from this album or not.

donno.. the list only goes to 50 on the site...

Krahn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 01:44:20 am »

AWESOME!

Yeah! Awesome!

200 Grin
Unfortunately I can't see the list from #101 to #200, but I'm looking forward to the position of next week.
I couldn't find SC in Top 100 in the third week, btw. Sad 

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 10:07:28 am »

I cant understand how Dt can be so popular now? Has this succes and fame slowly worded up since 6DOIT or is it becouse of BC&SL? I mean, they dont have radio time, no music videos on tv....only youtube. So if you never heard of them its almost impossible for DT's music to come to YOU, you have to look it up yourself....and still they get so much attention?? Its good, but weird.... Grin

Anyway they deserve this so much! Finally they wont have to be called an "underground" prog band...now they are one of the bigger rock bands.

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Subu

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 11:06:50 am »

DT *did* get TV time in the States.....the Constant Motion video was aired a lot on MTV2 and if I remember correctly the SCORE DVD was aired in its entirety on the same channel or on VHI's metal channel.......so more people have been exposed than just touring and the internet would offer.  I have seen the Silent Man, Hollow Years and Constant Motion videos on MTV on occasion, although extremely rare........

And they got radio time as well......Constant Motion was aired quite a bit around here, at least.  While they don't get the kind of time a "pop" star might get, at least people are being allowed to hear their magical music....

Anyway it happens, I am glad DT is getting the attention they deserve....one of the hardest working rock bands out there!   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:10:36 am by Subu » Logged

‎"Accomplishment breeds confidence, insecurity breeds arrogance" - me

nicoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 12:17:19 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but now that a lot of older Dream Theater fans have their own kids who buy music and go to concerts, Dream Theater's fanbase has grown a LOT. The same is happening with a lot of older classic rock, prog, and metal acts.

I also think that from "Train of Thought" (which got at least some airplay) and onward, Dream Theater's music has been appealing to a younger audience than before. At least that's what I saw back when I still frequented the main DT forum--a lot of teenagers, boys in particular, who had a lot to say about the new album and seemed to have joined the forum just prior to the album's release. I'm not sure if the same happened with the subsequent albums, since I no longer went to that message board by the time they came out. The younger audience is likely to be higher in number than the older audience, simply because each generation has exponentially more people than the generation before it, and so on. I'm just making the assumption based on the proportions, but I could be way off.

But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
'Cause you know

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 03:40:18 pm »

When SC came out, I had tons of friends who were like "OMG you should hear this new band, They are great." I'd ask them who and they'd say "Dream Theater!"

I laugh every day... then i'd have to say they've been around for a while... then i'd give them the discography, <WDADU, I&W, Awake, FII, SFAM, 6DOIT, ToT, 8V, SC (at the time) > (I also know the years they were released... which is sad, and yet when someone asks its practical)

luckily RR really "pimps" them (for lack of a better term) to MTV, VH1 (honestly I say CM there a couple of times in the random rotation)

and you are right, may guys have joined before albums... there are a few girls, but not so much...

who knows what happens in each area for people to get into a band. Here in Oregon, I can tell you that maybe 10 people in my area knows who DT even is, and we all Nod and and point to each other (its kinda sad and yet funny) but there just isn't a "fan" base really shown here... (more because we're waiting for Live nation to pull their heads out and get some GOOD bands int he state... right now it's all crap)

The Underground has now broke to the surface, and many bands who lived there for YEARS, with a drawing fan base (such has our guys) are now coming into the light and people are flocking to them like crazy...

who knows what crazy things will have in years to come...

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 04:39:28 pm »

I must admit this is the first album I've actually been listening to without really forcing myself to listen to it since Train of Thought, it's pretty damn good.

Yeah, when my brother asked me what I thought of this CD, I told him that usually when DT comes out with new music, it takes me a bit to get into it, a few listens maybe more. With this one - I was hooked from the 1st listen.

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: