Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dream Theater Album: A Dramatic Turn of Events  (Read 142641 times)
Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2011, 12:30:04 am »

<SHEESH>.....

I wonder what 'progressive metal album of the year' he was talking about. The brand new Opeth album? He couldn't mean the latest Symphony X album...

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:40 am »

On MP's forum there was a discussion about this, and these comments about him seem to be bogus. Or these were hugely taken out of context. He seemed to have wondered. With internet, these days rumors and gossip travels always faster than the truth. And that's not all. The truth sometimes is what no-one really is interested in...

I am quite sure MP tries to ignore this new album, so why would he made nasty comments? He probably even can't stand hearing it...

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2011, 09:23:55 am »

<SHEESH>.....

I wonder what 'progressive metal album of the year' he was talking about. The brand new Opeth album? He couldn't mean the latest Symphony X album...
It's an album by his buddies ArchMatheos. Sympathetic Resonance.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2011, 09:53:53 am »

So he promotes his " buddies' " new album and not mentioning the DT album....his REAL buddies for the last 25+ years.
I am going to check out that album though right now.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

I think MP would be wise to make a few comments as possible about this, since even an innocent comment will be misconstrued.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:15 pm »

How could MP saying that he loves the new album be misconstrued?

-- William Faulkner

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2011, 02:53:43 pm »

I don't know, but a lot of fans are so contentious that I'm sure they would find some way to misread what he said.

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »

I would definitely recommend Arch Matheos. Probably my favorite release so far followed behind by DT. Keep in mind Fates Warning is probably my 3rd favorite band, but Jim Matheos is my favorite songwriter. This was an automatic buy for me and man, it rocks. Arch rocks on the vocals (although his voice is an acquired taste).

Asianhawk, please listen to some samples. I think you would like this one, if you can stand the vocals.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2011, 08:00:29 pm »

I listened to one of the 11 minute songs. Definitely kicks butt...! I will have to listen to more songs though!

-- William Faulkner

marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:50 pm »

I would definitely recommend Arch Matheos. Probably my favorite release so far followed behind by DT. Keep in mind Fates Warning is probably my 3rd favorite band, but Jim Matheos is my favorite songwriter. This was an automatic buy for me and man, it rocks. Arch rocks on the vocals (although his voice is an acquired taste).

Asianhawk, please listen to some samples. I think you would like this one, if you can stand the vocals.
I've listened to FW in the last months, I like some songs but don't like others... his vocals are nice, but I have some live songs that he is not ok... good band, indeed.

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2011, 08:42:10 pm »

I FINALLY got my copy today before going in to start my shift at work.  I was checking the HMV in the mall every couple of days because of the Warner dispute, and today, the girl saw me and exclaimed "YOU'RE HERE!  IT'S HERE!  IT FINALLY CAME FOR YOU!"  and I was SUPER happy! 

I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet, but loving Build Me Up, Break Me Down, Breaking All Illusions, and yes....it's what I call the "Last Song Syndrome" that I have at just about EVERY FRIGGIN DT CD - the one where I am driven to use 1/2 box of kleenex because the lyrics on Beneath The Surface are so amazing and so heart wrenching at the same time. 

More later......thanks again DT.  You did it to me again......

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2011, 07:00:41 am »

Wow, Donna, kudos to you for hanging in there for so long waiting for that CD!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2011, 07:33:26 am »

It was well worth the wait!   Cheesy  I am very "old school" and I am the type that wants the solid product in my hands, lyric booklet, and all.   Wink

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »

I am very "old school" and I am the type that wants the solid product in my hands, lyric booklet, and all.   Wink
Amazing how diffrently people take the same things Smiley The lyrics are the last thing I look at when I get a CD on my hands. I mean, I can't help but check out the cover artwork, the inlay, but after I've read the lyrics I look at that and put it away and seldom look back at it again because the images I get in my head from the music always conflict with the artwork - and I don't say the artwork is bad, it's just that I see things differently.
The same thing with lyrics - it's important that I hear and grasp the words without reading them first. I may be weird, but the actual music and the booklet are stand-alone pieces to me.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »

Here is an interesting video interview with Jordan Rudess:
http://www.truthinshredding.com/2011/10/jordan-rudess-evening-with-jordan.html?m=1

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: