Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dream Theater Album: A Dramatic Turn of Events  (Read 143224 times)
Irock

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2011, 11:47:43 pm »

The album is on Spotify! I can listen to it legally using Spotify  Grin
I don't see it on Spotify. Are you sure you didn't download it? Spotify shows your local music library in its listings by default.

I downloaded BC&SL when it leaked in 2009. I regret not waiting until it came out, cause there's nothing like buying an album then listening to it for the first time. That box set would have been a lot more special if I hadn't heard the album before. Never again!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2011, 12:03:27 am »

I don't see it on Spotify. Are you sure you didn't download it? Spotify shows your local music library in its listings by default.

I downloaded BC&SL when it leaked in 2009. I regret not waiting until it came out, cause there's nothing like buying an album then listening to it for the first time. That box set would have been a lot more special if I hadn't heard the album before. Never again!

um... not something you want to talk about on a forum where a member of the band is present... just food for thought.

otherwise... SEPT 13th COME SOONER! The suspense is killing me!

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2011, 12:38:35 am »

um... not something you want to talk about on a forum where a member of the band is present... just food for thought.
I shouldn't talk about not wanting to download the album? My mind's blown.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:24 am »

I'm talking about the BCSL bit...

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2011, 01:35:53 am »

I'm talking about the BCSL bit...
I dunno. I thought it would have been a little disingenuous to say that I'm not going to download the album without saying that I downloaded Black Clouds before it came out. It's like a recovered drug addict saying that he used to do drugs. I don't do it anymore. I was young and foolish. Please forgive me. ;_;

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:35 am »

See all these talks about downloading the album when leaked? this is the very reason I'm avoiding all snippets and previews of the album. I've always purchased *all* DT albums on release date or at the very first possible day, but I can't really say that the first time I put the actual CD in the player was the first time at all I heard the albums. Very well remembering how there were situations in which I was purchasing an album I was already knowing, if not by heart, at least quite well, I've committed this time to have a completely unspoiled experience. I don't want to know anything, I'm almost "pissed" that I read that the last track is a slow piece like Coming Home.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:46:55 am by Orodaran » Logged

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Irock

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2011, 08:25:41 am »

I'm almost "pissed" that I read that the last track is a slow piece like Coming Home.
Great, now I'M pissed! (not that it's a slow piece-- that I know it's a slow piece)

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:56 am »

Well guys. I know you try not to spoil but somehow you do.

So, let this "leaked and download" discussion vanish and wait for 12-13th September.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:06 am »

I know that we are all anxious for the release of this CD, but just a friendly reminder- please do not post any links, or any websites that have leaked  to ADTOE before the release date out of respect to the band members. 

Thank you!   Grin

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

Hey I never downloaded it and would never do that. I listened to it live streaming. I have the most protective fire walls on my computer but I never download anything due to the fact that A. I don't want a virus!  B. I won't steal, and C. I won't pay for a 'download' when I am just going to buy the REAL CD.
But a couple listen times through is enough for me. I can wait the full week patiently now!

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2011, 03:40:24 am »

Not trying to incourage downloading the album in any kind of way of course, but there are many safe ways to get stuff nowadays.... anyway, I applaud your internet chilvarly  Wink

And you're lucky to wait just a week, the first chance I'll have to get the album is the saturday after the release date, argh!!!!

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2011, 03:50:38 am »

Here is an audio interview with Jordan Rudess. He also talks about the writing process for "A Dramatic Turn of Events"
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/Audio-Interview-With-Dream-Theater-Keyboardist-Jordan-Rudess-23359.aspx

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2011, 06:09:19 am »

Cool interview. Thanks, Diana!

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:48 am »

Here is a great new interview with John Petrucci: http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/09/interview-dream-theaters-john-petrucci.html

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2011, 12:18:38 pm »

Released in Australia already...any Aussies in the house?   Lucky bastards.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: