Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dream Theater Album: A Dramatic Turn of Events  (Read 142651 times)
marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 12:50:43 pm »

JP answered a question about the name of the album. It helps to clear - or not - some of the discussion in this thread. Quoting an entire post by RHDOTR, from MP's forum:

"RHDOTR: BTW, in an interview with Israeli online metal magazine, Metalist (yeah, original name indeed), the interviewer asked Petrucci (it's written in hebrew and I just translate, so maybe there are a few wrong words choise, but I think I kept the meaning the same):

Interviewer: "The name of the album immediately connects to last year's events - A Dramatic Turn of Events. is it possible to guess that the musical direction evolves in a dramatic way aswell, now that Mike Portnoy is not part of the band?"
And Petrucci answered: 
"It's clear to me that it's possible to directly connect the name of the album to everything that has happened with the band in the last year, but it's not the case. the name is connected to the lyrical content of the album, and to the fact that most of the lyrics are about big changes that has happened in history and now in the world (socially, politically, spiritually). The songs are actually about that, and the title of the album represents that fact, but at the same time, I have to confess that it's clear that it's possible to translate it the way in which you talk about - although it wasn't the meaning."

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:19 pm »

HA! Well there you go.

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

Sounds like the thematic material for the new album is pretty deep.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »

This is what I like to read.....am looking very forward to this very....VERY....much.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 06:27:35 am »

And Petrucci answered: 
"It's clear to me that it's possible to directly connect the name of the album to everything that has happened with the band in the last year, but it's not the case. the name is connected to the lyrical content of the album, and to the fact that most of the lyrics are about big changes that has happened in history and now in the world (socially, politically, spiritually). The songs are actually about that, and the title of the album represents that fact, but at the same time, I have to confess that it's clear that it's possible to translate it the way in which you talk about - although it wasn't the meaning."

I believe that the new album is very profound, multifaceted, and I love the interviews with JP, I think, he is not only a gifted, brilliant guitar virtuoso but also a profound person and musician. I am very much looking forward to the new DT album, and I am very curious about the songs "Outcry" and "The Shaman's Trance" ... but ... all song titles sound very intriguing ... excellent ..

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 12:06:21 pm »

Quote from: JP's Twitter
New DT album is all mixed and mastered as of today. First show of the tour in Rome in less than a week! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

woot!

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:27 pm »

On the Backs of Angels  will be available at June 29th at 11 AM EST on Roadrunner YouTube channel

I know the truth is out there.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 11:05:23 am »

LINKY LINKY|!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoadrunnerRecords#p/u/0/oasnbzEMV08

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Jamie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:20 am »

This song. I have 3 minutes left, and I don't want it to end. This is what I was looking forward to hearing.  Grin

The little things that kill you make you glad to be alive.

gmillerdrake

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2011, 12:09:01 pm »

If 'On the Backs of Angles' is any indication of what this album is going to be like, then I am stoked! I love the song, think that DT sounds fantastic! Great to hear James 'singing' again and not screaming....and oh yeah...there is a Bass player in DT.
  Great Job Guys! Cannot wait until Sept.!

When temptation brings me to my kness,
  and I lay here drained of strenth,
show me Kindness, show me Beauty, show me Truth...

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »

New interview From JP and JM about us fans is up on Roadrunner records

marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 07:55:15 pm »

Jealous: "JM: It's an amazing album, I've been listening to it every night before I go to sleep, I don't seem to get tired of it. There are a lot of different things to focus on"

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »

Jealous: "JM: It's an amazing album, I've been listening to it every night before I go to sleep, I don't seem to get tired of it. There are a lot of different things to focus on"

gets them ready for doing songs live Tongue

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:29 am »

Man, I'm so excited about this album!!! I'm sure it's gonna blow BC&SL out of the sky!!!

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2011, 01:16:15 pm »

It's always great to get a few words from JMX :-)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: