Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dream Theater Album: A Dramatic Turn of Events  (Read 70649 times)
Splinter76

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:28:15 am »

JP just tweeted the title and track list. 9 songs!!

1. On the Backs of Angels (8:46)
2. Build Me Up, Break Me Down (6:59)
3. Lost Not Forgotten (10:11)
4. This is the Life (6:57)
5. Bridges in the Sky (11:01)
6. Outcry (11:24)
7. Far from Heaven (3:56)
8. Breaking All Illusions (12:25)
9. Beneath the Surface (5:26)

Can not WAIT!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:10:44 am by Splinter76 » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:08:42 am »

JP just tweeted the title and track list. 9 songs!!

1. On the Backs of Angels
2. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
3. Lost Not Forgotten
4. This is the Life
5. The Shaman's Trance
6. Outcry
7. Far from Heaven
8. Breaking All Illusions
9. Beneath the Surface

Can not WAIT!!!

no doubt the theme of this album Smiley awesome!

Swedish Goose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:14:38 am »

The title of the album is rather corny to me but this together with the titles of the songs makes me hope for a full concept album this time.

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:45:27 am »

The title of the album is rather corny to me but this together with the titles of the songs makes me hope for a full concept album this time.

corny? Hmmm ... I personally find that the title of the album sounds very interesting and intriguing.

(I am so looking forward to the new album which will be fabulous beyond all doubt .. Smiley).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:31:44 am by diana » Logged

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 04:09:23 am »

Yeah!!! This only adds to my excitement! Can't wait to hear it  Grin

marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 09:02:33 am »

I was pretty sure that they wouldn't release the album title and songs this early. But that's sounds great. Another long album title. The last info I got was that it would have 6 songs, and now there are 3 more reasons why I can't wait to hear it!!!

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

Wow. To be honest, the album title somewhat sounds out of DT but it's OK.

It's fucking amazing that these lyrics titles have many potential. When I saw The Shaman's Trance I said: "HEY WTF?" Cheesy But I have a feeling it's instrumantel.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Araxes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:15:34 am »

Can't wait to hear Outcry.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:16:06 am »

I am curious and anxious to see where this one takes us.....

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

sabonim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:46:12 am »

I am curious and anxious to see where this one takes us.....

agreed!!!!

Dr. Gustavo Agostini
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Systematic - UFRGS
---------------------------
Sabonim Gustavo Agostini
Master in Hapkido UYK

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »

the release date of A Dramatic Turn of Events:

SEPTEMBER 13th

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 01:14:12 pm »

Here's the full press release:

(New York, NY): The recent announcement that Mike Mangini would be joining Dream Theater, replacing departed drummer Mike Portnoy, caused such fanfare that  Mangini was a trending topic on Twitter, second only to England's Royal Wedding. Now, the band is revealing more information about their upcoming album. The new album is titled A Dramatic Turn of Events. The much-anticipated platter, which marks Mangini's recorded debut, will be released via Roadrunner Records on September 13th and will be supported by a massive world tour.

"I'm incredibly psyched with the way this album came out and can't wait to share it with everybody," guitarist John Petrucci, who also serves as the producer for A Dramatic Turn of Events, said. "We are currently in the mix stage with the great Andy Wallace and it's all sounding amazing!"

"We have poured our hearts and minds into the creation of this album," keyboardist Jordan Rudess offered. "All the life changing events that surrounded us before, as well as during the whole process, fueled our desire to dig deep within ourselves and create the best music we possibly could."
Vocalist James LaBrie said, "In the grand scheme of Dream Theater's career, the last several months have been such an incredibly positive, fulfilling and rewarding experience. The new songs and sound has never been so spirited or rejuvenating. I cannot wait for every one of our fans to sink their audio senses into this batch of tunes."
The track listing for A Dramatic Turn of Events is as follows:

1. On the Backs of Angels
2. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
3. Lost Not Forgotten
4. This is the Life
5. The Shaman’s Trance
6. Outcry
7. Far From Heaven
8. Breaking All Illusions
9. Beneath The Surface

About DREAM THEATER:

Progressive metal band Dream Theater formed in 1985 under the name Majesty by John Petrucci, John Myung and Mike Portnoy. Though a number of lineup changes followed, the three original members remained together along with James LaBrie and Jordan Rudess until September 8, 2010, when Mike Portnoy left the band. In October 2010, the band held auditions for a new drummer, and added Mike Mangini to its roster.

Dream Theater’s tenth studio album, Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Roadrunner Records), was released on June 23, 2009. It entered the U.S. Billboard 200 at #6 and Eurochart Hot 100 at #1, marking their highest entry on either chart. Black Clouds & Silver Linings - a highlight of their 25-year career - was praised by Mojo magazine’s Paul Elliott: “…their lofty ideals remain intact. By modern criteria, Black Clouds & Silver Linings is as highbrow as The Mars Volta, as grandiose as Muse and as heavy as Metallica.”

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:57 pm »

Yeah, the title is a bit meh, talk about being subtle... just call it "MP left the band" since you're at it  Grin

But I dig the song titles, they make me assume an album more introspective and musically deep, a mix of the first half of Octavarium and the latest album, nothing like Train of Thought or Systematic Chaos.... I also appreciate that there are 9 songs, it was since SFAM that an album didn't have so many tracks... I hope for shorter tunes and very diverse, like I said more than once, I want an album NOT *like* Awake, but *as varied* as Awake, that had many types of songs.... looking forward to this!!!!!

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:35 pm »

Thank you to all who created and contributed to this thread to keep us informed here.  I appreciate it!   This is gonna be killer...I can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it......

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »

I hope the title is the worst thing about the new album) But after everyone'll get used to it and cut it down to ADTOE (hey, this sounds cool even now), it's gonna be ok. Looking at the tracklist, Awake structure pops into view, but then again - who can tell, really. I like the titles so far, and The Shaman's Trance sounds like an instrumental track.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: