Poll
Question: About a fact-forum about James and stuff...  (Voting closed: December 10, 2008, 03:53:39 pm)
a - 0 (0%)
a - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself thread!  (Read 198356 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:16 pm »

Hello there Uber...very good to meet you, and happy to see that you have joined us here on Captian James' ship.
* Donna serves up Uber some ale and meat off the bone

Welcome aboard!
 Grin

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Uber

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »

Thank you to Mrs. Viola & Mrs. Donna for the welcome. Mrs. Donna if i may call you, I cant think of a better offering than the meat off a bone   Grin

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2011, 03:16:05 pm »

Welcome aboard Uber!

We're a crazy bunch, but you should have some fun here.

btw.. don't even try the name, just call me Ash Cheesy

majo

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2011, 07:27:04 am »

Hello there children!
i am majo (from the TRACTOR drummer thread Tongue). i live in Slovakia (middle europe, 2011 world hockey championship). working in IT and mountain biking enthusiast. been member at mo forum for years but recently discovered the fun here so here i am (cause i love fun)...
---
and no, i don't know who new drummer is  Grin

Warning: Alcohol before the pregnancy may cause the pregnancy.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2011, 10:18:10 am »

Welcome aboard majo!

Glad you are here for the fun, cause we're a crazy fun group. Cheesy

BTW, I am Ash. One of the ships artists.Tongue

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2011, 11:07:06 am »

Ash, new signature is awesome!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I know the truth is out there.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:58 pm »

Hi All
Darren here from the UK. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Have being following and listening to DT for a long time now

welcome aboard Darren.

Hope you enjoy your time aboard the ship Wink

I am Ash, a resident artist aboard this crazy ship.  Cheesy

alirocker08

The Cake is a Lie.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2011, 11:39:48 am »

Ok, so you know that I posted here months back about my SDOIT inspired play being picked for a playwriting competition? Well, the play was performed this weekend. I cleared the first semi final and went into the final, where I lost out by one vote. Considering that I was fifteen when I wrote the play, and the other competitors were well into their thirties, forties, and fifties I guess I have to say thanks to DT for inspiring me to write such a good play!

So, play synopsis for anyone whose interested: The play followed the story of young Schizophrenia sufferer Leah, who became notorious for her delusional rants in public. Her parents, conscious of how having their daughter diagnosed as mentally ill would reflect on them, resorted to domestic abuse and creating a make shift asylum in her own bedroom. Under the influence of the personification of her illness, Seth, she became paranoid about her parents trying to kill her and resorted to attempting to kill them instead. In an act of self defence, the parents killed her. The media then flipped it's stance on her to one of tolerance.

My name is Alice. I am sixteen years old. I stand at 5'3", 5'4" at my tallest. Allow me to be this ship's resident Hobbit.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2011, 03:05:07 pm »

Ok, so you know that I posted here months back about my SDOIT inspired play being picked for a playwriting competition? Well, the play was performed this weekend. I cleared the first semi final and went into the final, where I lost out by one vote. Considering that I was fifteen when I wrote the play, and the other competitors were well into their thirties, forties, and fifties I guess I have to say thanks to DT for inspiring me to write such a good play!

So, play synopsis for anyone whose interested: The play followed the story of young Schizophrenia sufferer Leah, who became notorious for her delusional rants in public. Her parents, conscious of how having their daughter diagnosed as mentally ill would reflect on them, resorted to domestic abuse and creating a make shift asylum in her own bedroom. Under the influence of the personification of her illness, Seth, she became paranoid about her parents trying to kill her and resorted to attempting to kill them instead. In an act of self defence, the parents killed her. The media then flipped it's stance on her to one of tolerance.
Wow, that was you? Apparently, I don't read this thread well enough! I found a news story about this last week, and I wrote a post about it on our blog. Here's a link:
http://www.thecontrapuntist.com/2011/03/16/prize-winning-play-based-on-dream-theater-song/
Anyway, congrats! That's a wonderful achievement.

alirocker08

The Cake is a Lie.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:53 pm »

AAAAAAH THAT'S AWESOME HAHA! I'm on more than one website!

I've bookmarked that page and sent it to my friend, that's made me feel amazing that has! Thank you!

Unfortunately, the play I'm writing for this year isn't Dream Theater inspired v.v hopefully, it will still be as good!

EDIT: My take on the Playwriting Competition! http://alices-teenage-life.blogspot.com/2011/03/creation-of-play.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:47:54 pm by alirocker08 » Logged

My name is Alice. I am sixteen years old. I stand at 5'3", 5'4" at my tallest. Allow me to be this ship's resident Hobbit.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2011, 01:43:43 pm »

Great story about your dad getting the news about your play on your blog. Thanks for sharing!

alirocker08

The Cake is a Lie.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:28 pm »

No problem, I'm honoured that someone managed to find it! It's hardly big news after all!

GatherYeRosebuds

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2011, 07:25:52 pm »

That is a genuinely awesome achievement! Seriously impressive!

Man, now I feel like a slouch, I'm 16 and I haven't accomplished anything nearly as spectacular  Undecided

alirocker08

The Cake is a Lie.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2011, 02:00:10 am »

Haha, thank you :') Means a lot to me it does!

Meh, it was only a local competition, I only entered it 'cause I want to go into Acting and Theatre in later life, every little helps kind of thing; it's a very difficult career path to get into.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2011, 04:16:26 pm »

Haha, thank you :') Means a lot to me it does!

Meh, it was only a local competition, I only entered it 'cause I want to go into Acting and Theatre in later life, every little helps kind of thing; it's a very difficult career path to get into.
I just noticed your signature… I'm only 5'2", so you've got some competition in the hobbit category!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: