Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from JP  (Read 8956 times)
Araxes

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »

From Petrucci's Forum:

"First I'd like to say that my love and support goes out to all of our friends in Japan as they work through the tragic events of the past week. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. I know that the strength of the Japanese people will prevail.
As for the new Dream Theater album, it is going incredibly well and I can't wait for everyone to hear it! We are in the tracking process and working hard as well as just having so much fun.
I appreciate everyone's patience regarding the announcement (or lack thereof!) of DT's new drummer. I know it has been very frustrating to have to wait for the news. Believe me, we are busting at the seems to tell everyone and rest assured that our decision will not disappoint on any level!
As for info and details on the new album, anything such as the title, song names, running times, artwork, direction etc, will be posted on the official DT and Roadrunner sites once the album is complete and we begin to prepare for it's release.
Looks like the start of our next world tour is lining up nicely as well. It's always great to be over in Europe during the summer playing out doors and seeing all of our friends again.
In the meantime, I'm just shedding, lifting and buried deep in the making of the new album. My beautiful Music Man's and Boogies are raging and there are many notes flying around the studio!
I hope everyone is well. Thank you so much as always for being such amazingly supportive friends and fans!
God Bless,
JP"

sabonim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:01 pm »

Thank u man!

Dr. Gustavo Agostini
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Systematic - UFRGS
---------------------------
Sabonim Gustavo Agostini
Master in Hapkido UYK

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:24:00 pm »

Lots of words, little information

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Dave52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »

Colour me excited...!

Sounds like he's really stoked.  I can not wait.  Thanks for the post!

Blue and red of day, to purple night, to absent light, to disarray.

Splinter76

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:22:44 pm »

A couple of things:

1. For some reason, JP saying that they were having fun jumped out at me. For the life of me, I can't remember the last time that JP said he had fun making a record. James, of course, said that making Systematic Chaos was the most fun he'd had since Awake, but... that speaks volumes from JP. To ME, anyway.

2. I had a dream that Mike was revealed to be the drummer for DT and the whole "leaving" business was a long, elaborate April Fools joke. Wouldn't that be... mean? lol!

Anyway - thanks for posting this. Can't wait to hear the new material.

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »

Now hang on sec! You are critical if lack of info, too!  Undecided

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »

Saying, saying, saying but nothing new.

Pff.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »

I'm not critical, I'm stating the obvious Wink Now, if I say, oh why can't he say who the drummer is/ when the album will be released/how many songs there are - that is whining :p

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Asianhawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:12:43 pm »

I'm not critical, I'm stating the obvious Wink Now, if I say, oh why can't he say who the drummer is/ when the album will be released/how many songs there are - that is whining :p

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

“An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.”

-- William Faulkner

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 04:00:25 am »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Come on, I'm not a bad guy Wink
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:30:45 am by Natt » Logged

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »

Heck, you're not even a guy!

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 04:52:35 pm »

Heck, you're not even a guy!
Hah! Our dear Captain keeps calling me 'man' in PMs and on twitter so persistently, I'm not sure about that anymore Cheesy

Fredday

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »

Watch the new drummer turn out to be Mike Portnoy. lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: