Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Rite of Passage video now released !!!  (Read 16509 times)
Krahn

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 03:06:46 am »

I love it so much!! I think it's much better than Constant Motion. Great song and great video!   

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 04:46:17 am »

yeah, but this time it's "mirrored" I mean, exactly opposite - JM and JR are on the right (from our viewpoint), and JP is on the left. In this vid, they switched sides compared to the stage

Really? I haven't noticed... I should watch it again!!! I always assumed that they were in their usual stage positions... weird! gotta watch...

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

ViolinTheater

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:43:33 am »

This is such an amazing song and video.  Even the "singles" of Dream Theater, which are actually twice as long as so many other band's songs, are incredible DT-like, complex, and take many listens to understand the song.  I can say that after I downloaded it from Roadrunner, I did not like it as much at first, sounded too "simple".  However, I missed so much in it!  By the 5th listen, I realized it definitely has had as much thought put into it as any other song, and it is full of emotion, technicality, and wizardry.  In short, even singles can be DT masterpieces.

Mr. LaBrie sounds absolutely amazing,.  His low growly register is so deep, so powerful, and so moving.  So what if he doesn't hit high notes all ther time?  We know he can do it, and easily.  Let's explore mroe depths of his voice, and so far I am loving the ride!

Oh, and Mr. LaBrie, you have officially become one of the best looking guys on the planet from this vid...haha

goo-goo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 01:20:18 pm »

The song is very catchy yet still has a lot of the usual DT "signature sounds". James sounds amazing and I loved JP's guitar tone...I'm not a fan of JR's Bebop solo but it is still cool though.

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 05:26:56 pm »

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to say this is my favorite Video of the ones I have seen, it enchants me and lights upon my dark side.

Anita.

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:47 pm »

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to say this is my favorite Video of the ones I have seen, it enchants me and lights upon my dark side.

Anita.

That's exactly why i hate it, this course dream theater is going through.

Im my opinion the best video so far from Dream Theater is the Lie one.

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 02:41:02 am »

Hello.

Why is it that you hate it? as I have not really elaborated on what I define as my dark side. In my life finding my dark side has been an interesting knowledgeable journey and has given me an overwhelming strength of the mind also a sense of self preservation. Is that not a good thing?
You can never have light without dark, one to think about.

I am not being condescending, just genuinely interested.

Anita.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:57:45 am by Magdalena63 » Logged

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 03:22:47 am »

any more the concept of a music video is not really needed anymore.  its a formality for the channels that still show videos.

I don't see why people get into such a huffy about which video they like and which they didn't... its just a video, its not a direct representation of the artist. That's what tours prove, not some 3-5 min video.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 07:50:33 am »

I still friggin LOVE this song.  Especially the vocal fade in on the first word with Mike doing the voice overs in the background. 
Ssssssssssssssssssssssince the New World Order
Played upon our fears

Gives me goose bumps. 

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: