Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Always Ask Why?  (Read 5424 times)
SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:42:48 pm »

I just read the 50 greatest frontman of metal music from roadrunner site but this list is totally out of sense.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/THE-50-GREATEST-METAL-FRONTMEN-OF-ALL-TIME-19861.aspx

But yes, many of them are deserved to be placed in this list. But where is James LaBrie? The greatest tenor metal vocalist is not in list. What a fair! Some names on the list blow away my brain, can't believe my eyes and I lol, I lol really hard!

Yeah I know, I am so nervous right now!  Angry

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »

I just read the 50 greatest frontman of metal music from roadrunner site but this list is totally out of sense.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/THE-50-GREATEST-METAL-FRONTMEN-OF-ALL-TIME-19861.aspx

But yes, many of them are deserved to be placed in this list. But where is James LaBrie? The greatest tenor metal vocalist is not in list. What a fair! Some names on the list blow away my brain, can't believe my eyes and I lol, I lol really hard!

Yeah I know, I am so nervous right now!  Angry

DT has only been in RR since SC. Most of the time it is fan based.

Don't look into too much. We all know the truth... If DT had used stuff like this in their past they wouldn't have made 25 years of rock.

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:27 pm »

I never perceive such list serious. They always lists of favorites if it's maker.

And this one... It's not even funny.

I know the truth is out there.

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:17:53 pm »

Furthermore, a list without the Metal God in the top 10 can't be taken seriously anyway.

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:05 pm »

Those lists are ridiculous.  Period.  Music is subjective, and one magazine that puts a "list" out is not the be all to end all.  What matters is the attendance at the concerts, and the true support of the fans to that artist.  Everyone is a critic, you know?    Well, to the "critics", I say this:  If you think YOU can do better, the why are you just sitting there - GO OUT AND PROVE YOURSELF AND SEE IF YOU CAN DO BETTER. 

/end

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:14:44 pm »

Roadrunner also recently put out a list of the top 10 guitarists on their label, and they did not include John Petrucci. Obviously, somebody over there has their head screwed on backwards.

Metropolis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 12:47:21 pm »

Those lists are ridiculous.  Period.  Music is subjective, and one magazine that puts a "list" out is not the be all to end all.  What matters is the attendance at the concerts, and the true support of the fans to that artist.  Everyone is a critic, you know?    Well, to the "critics", I say this:  If you think YOU can do better, the why are you just sitting there - GO OUT AND PROVE YOURSELF AND SEE IF YOU CAN DO BETTER. 

/end

Completely agree with you Donna! Amen!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: