Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Theater live at MSG (video inside)  (Read 9591 times)
Stephanus

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:35:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjN45EIThSs

Pull me under

great quality and great performance by JLB !!!

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:10:30 am »

This has been fucking great performance of PMU by LaBrie considering 4-5 years.  He is shining!

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:35:35 am »

Very nice find...thanks for posting it!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:11:13 am »

Man, i miss how James used to sing back in the days, he used to sing so smoothly, compare this one to the live in tokyo, and i'm not talking about the high notes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:18:23 am by Zamagna » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:23:18 pm »

Man, i miss how James used to sing back in the days, he used to sing so smoothly, compare this one to the live in tokyo, and i'm not talking about the high notes.

I saw them live two nights in a row... he is consistent.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:34:36 pm »

@ Zamagna:
Well, this performance is not far worse than that one. Same power, same delivery, same attitude, almost same range. And well over 15 years and damaged vocal chords- mind that, too.
James is on top form these days, hands down.

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 05:23:56 pm »

Don't get me wrong, i became intersted im singing after hearing labrie, i love this man, but its just my opinion, i went to the show in rio de janeiro (im from brazil),he destroyed us all,everybody was making fun of how his voice used to crack a lot in ... 2002 i guess, but when he started singing, everybody started to kiss his butt,james is my favourite singer.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 06:03:58 pm »

I saw them live two nights in a row... he is consistent.

Was that a hint of smugness, now you finally got to see them...?  Wink

Saw them June 20th and 21st...

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 12:53:23 pm »

You can play guitar like you used to play, you can play drums like you used to play... I mean age doesn't matter to play them but the voice is in different league. It's getting tiring when you get older and older. As for JLB, after two dangerous vocal damages, after all these years his high notes still give me chills and his low-normal register voice has been great considering the last 3-4 years. In this tour, he is so consistent.

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:14:59 pm »

You can play guitar like you used to play, you can play drums like you used to play... I mean age doesn't matter to play them but the voice is in different league. It's getting tiring when you get older and older. As for JLB, after two dangerous vocal damages, after all these years his high notes still give me chills and his low-normal register voice has been great considering the last 3-4 years. In this tour, he is so consistent.

I know all that, but in my opinion what really damaged his vocal was not taking care of his voice back in the days, something he does now.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:29 pm »

Pardon me for saying so, but you don't know that he didn't take care of his voice.  You weren't with him to know that.  What happened according to his own story, was when his vocal chords were damaged after throwing up so much.  He may have been taking care of his voice prior to this incident, but have you ever thrown up THAT much to know?   Throwing up a normal volume of vomit is bad enough, but being violently ill to the point where there's nothing more to vomit?  I think it would pretty much feel like my throat / esophagus areas were burning.   
I don't mean to speak FOR James, but he has come to here to speak about this before.
Here:  http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.0
We all can't be who we were 25 yrs ago.  Hell, I can't even be the person I was 10 yrs ago!   Grin  Physically, we change.  It's a fact of life. 

Tell me what you are like in 25 yrs, sailor....then we'll talk.   Wink
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:30:22 pm by Donna » Logged

Zamagna

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 03:17:34 pm »

Pardon me for saying so, but you don't know that he didn't take care of his voice.  You weren't with him to know that.  What happened according to his own story, was when his vocal chords were damaged after throwing up so much.  He may have been taking care of his voice prior to this incident, but have you ever thrown up THAT much to know?   Throwing up a normal volume of vomit is bad enough, but being violently ill to the point where there's nothing more to vomit?  I think it would pretty much feel like my throat / esophagus areas were burning.   
I don't mean to speak FOR James, but he has come to here to speak about this before.
Here:  http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.0
We all can't be who we were 25 yrs ago.  Hell, I can't even be the person I was 10 yrs ago!   Grin  Physically, we change.  It's a fact of life. 
0:
Tell me what you are like in 25 yrs, sailor....then we'll talk.   Wink

People cant take any critism or jokes around here, i didn't said that he lied, i just mean that, lots os times he used to overdo it, he didn't rest his voice properly (not at all).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhjjl3Gd3g (listen to 4:22/5:01/5:04)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqi9tRi2I2Q (listen from 0:23 to 0:44)

Now tell, this cause any damage in his voice whatsoever?

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:06 pm »

On the contrary  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  We have a GREAT community here with members who can engage in great conversation, even when it is a debate.  Criticism is fine when it is constructive.  But if I had a dime for the number of times I had to read "Oh I wish James would sing the way he used to...." (and not just on this Board) I wouldn't have go find a new job next month - I'd be rich rich rich!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Maybe James will weigh in again on this some day, or maybe he won't.  I just wanted to point the thread out to show that he has already addressed all the criticism people throw his way, that's all....

I hope you stay with us though......I didn't mean to run at you like that...I just have a nasty habit of not holding my tongue anymore.....but that's just me.  MUAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 09:46:57 pm »

On the contrary  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  We have a GREAT community here with members who can engage in great conversation, even when it is a debate.  Criticism is fine when it is constructive.  But if I had a dime for the number of times I had to read "Oh I wish James would sing the way he used to...." (and not just on this Board) I wouldn't have go find a new job next month - I'd be rich rich rich!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Maybe James will weigh in again on this some day, or maybe he won't.  I just wanted to point the thread out to show that he has already addressed all the criticism people throw his way, that's all....

I hope you stay with us though......I didn't mean to run at you like that...I just have a nasty habit of not holding my tongue anymore.....but that's just me.  MUAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin

I'm with Donna on this one.

NickySpanjaards

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 04:49:42 am »

Great quality, and James' voice is in good shape this night, very powerful and emotional!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: