Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Rite of Passage video now released !!!  (Read 16848 times)
lutima

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:40:48 am »

Check it out, it's incredibly awesome !!!  Cool

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?&news_page=&news_id=77081

Enjoy !!

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 01:25:07 pm »

I can describe it in one word

WOW

The photography is just amazing, the guys are so badass...

Gotta love JLB's epic coat and mic stand banging Wink

Awesome video

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »

Totaly Amazing..!

Nothing to say more...

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:26:20 pm »

Nice video! a bit standard like many metal videos, and similar in light and style to the Costant Motion one, but all of this pales to utter insignificance when compared with the completely awesome look and outfit that James has in the video  Grin Cool Cool Cool he's so badass there!!!!!  Tongue

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

dinka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:16 pm »

WOW! Love the vid!! Thanks a lot for the heads up!

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 07:45:27 pm »

Gotta love JLB's epic coat...

i want that coat!  Shocked

Or at least something of that style  Cheesy

hey did anyone notice the nice bracelet (thing) on James' wrist? at first I thought it was like Slayer-esk styled, but it's a LOT smaller and flatter (Those who have seen Slayer know EXACTLY what i am talking about)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:52:37 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

andrea88

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »

I couldn't apreciate somuch the vid because my computer screan is not the best xD but what I got to c I loved!!! when I caught my dad out of his laptop I'll c it there

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 03:57:37 am »

hey did anyone notice the nice bracelet (thing) on James' wrist? at first I thought it was like Slayer-esk styled, but it's a LOT smaller and flatter (Those who have seen Slayer know EXACTLY what i am talking about)

Yeah, that's an epic  bracelet, too (looks "especially special" in the fist up shot, that's a very cool moment)
James has gone totally badass...

Did anyone notice the position of the guys is actually mirrored to the one onstage?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 07:14:20 am »

Well, hasn't it always been like that anyway? if I remember videos for Constant Motion and Lie, they are also the way they're on stage.... more or less I assume it's an unwritten rule of any music video to have the band playing the same way they play on stage....

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 07:32:39 am »

yeah, but this time it's "mirrored" I mean, exactly opposite - JM and JR are on the right (from our viewpoint), and JP is on the left. In this vid, they switched sides compared to the stage

NOTE: RRR announced A Rite Of Passage as "the FIRST video of Dream Theater's upcoming  album, Black Clouds & Silver Linings"
Is there any chance there will be one more?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:54:47 am by Natt » Logged

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 01:22:53 pm »

NOTE: RRR announced A Rite Of Passage as "the FIRST video of Dream Theater's upcoming  album, Black Clouds & Silver Linings"
Is there any chance there will be one more?

Mike has said that Wither is the other single

karpatisz

James and me in Budapest, Hungary 2007

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 02:35:50 pm »

Totally love this new video Smiley

Szabolcs

Omunae

We are forever eternal prisoners in time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 04:58:51 pm »

Awesome video, Dream Theater definitely did this one right. I only think it would have been so much better if the vocals weren't so monotone, James definitely should of been hitting some high notes on the last chorus.

Make us whole. Migrator Soul
Follow me home. Complete the circle
We must survive. Restore our lives
The way I'll show. Complete the circle

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »

Can't be darker, man! Shocked I love the effects. Great video. The photography art is really amazing too. James looks SO BAD!  Cheesy

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

andrea88

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 08:23:13 pm »

Now I could apreciate it  Grin I loved it! as all of u said, the photografy is so amazing, Loved JLB's & JR's style!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: