Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Rite Of Passage FREE MP3 on RoadrunnerRecords.com - 24-hour promotion!  (Read 16290 times)
SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 07:05:24 pm »

First of all. I read the comments about all the songs from the net and (Really I don't know how they could listen the entire album) I decided to comment my thoughts after listening the entire album.

About; A Rite Of Passage: The Beginning of the song sounds like trash metal and really it includes trash metal elements but already fitted perfectly but after a moment you'd understand and say "Oh Yes this is typical DT song".

Guitars: I need to say; the guitars playings, riffs are more complicated than Systematic Chaos and this style reminds me an album "AWAKE". In the other way, this song may remind you some songs from Train Of Thought cos of it's heavy melodies. But this complication of the song makes me so excited about the album.

Bass:
You know, Myung is master and in this album; he shows himself again. In the last part of song, you can hear the "perfection style". This is double playing style and he does it perfectly everytime.

Keybord & Effects:
Jordan is really wizard. We all understand this again. In the last of the song he shows his skills and makes us all mad! Some says; something really unneccesary to get it longer this keybord part but thi gets the song interesting cos we haven't listen any like this since Octavarium. This keybord part reminds me; a little bit Learning To Live, a little bit A Change Of Seasons and much more The Miracle and The Sleeper. I feel myself kicking down!

Drums: Portnoy again Portnoy as same as AWAKE. Totaly reminds me this playing style from AWAKE. Complicated and deep. Heavy and emotional.

And Vocals: Starting with effectical voice made by LaBrie. This is interesting and that gets the song a bit different. Actually you can think "who sings" yes it's LaBrie! The phrase part totaly reminds me ACOS cos singing style. We miss the hard style but James gives it again! There is no brutal vocal more but already it doesn't fit so well in this song. And lots uf us understand that; LaBrie reached the high notes again this song when I hear "Oh My God! Again Again Again! LaBrie; I Love Youuu" After the keybord and solo parts; LaBrie starts again. In this he gets his voice higher than the other part cos of behind the song; you can hear every instrument. And the last words;
The seven stars the rising sun,
A perfect world, a new life has begun
A rite of passage.
While singing the last sentence; A rite of passage he reached highest note. Oh Shit! What a voice like in AWAKE. "passageeeeeeeeeeee...!"

That's IT!

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 07:13:36 pm »

its funny how people have already started to become nitpicky about ONE song...

This is just me: Any song from Dream Theater is worth listening too... There were songs from the past albums that i didn't like, and after listening to them after a little while, I like them. Give this song some freaking time geeze...

(this comment is not meant for anyone here, just in general)
Did Never Enough teach people ANYTHING as to what DT thinks about fan pressure? I'd think not... If that was the case i think DT would have fizzled out years ago.
[/comment]

I have yet to say if I like this song or not. To me it is New DT and I want to get my mits on the album... then i can decide what i like, and don't like about the song... (not to mention a FULL review for myself)

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 03:17:08 am »

its funny how people have already started to become nitpicky about ONE song...

This is just me: Any song from Dream Theater is worth listening too... There were songs from the past albums that i didn't like, and after listening to them after a little while, I like them. Give this song some freaking time geeze...

(this comment is not meant for anyone here, just in general)
Did Never Enough teach people ANYTHING as to what DT thinks about fan pressure? I'd think not... If that was the case i think DT would have fizzled out years ago.
[/comment]

I have yet to say if I like this song or not. To me it is New DT and I want to get my mits on the album... then i can decide what i like, and don't like about the song... (not to mention a FULL review for myself)

It's after the promo video comes out that the REAL nitpicking will start I'm afraid...

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 05:21:21 am »

Like I said so many times, I don't know how some people listen to DT..I grow with DT and their music and every new album is exactly what it should be, because it's THEIR music and I love all of it ! The guys make the music THEY like, so you can either like it or not..Simple as that  Wink
Listen to the song, buy the album, listen to it several times and get your own opinion about it  Smiley

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 11:43:05 am »

Sorry if I made you pissed. I was too hard on the DT-boys....guess I was a bit pissed for some reason when I said that!! Wink

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 07:39:29 pm »

It's after the promo video comes out that the REAL nitpicking will start I'm afraid...

Oh i know.. it has started at who like the edit or unedit.... *sigh*

Like I said so many times, I don't know how some people listen to DT..I grow with DT and their music and every new album is exactly what it should be, because it's THEIR music and I love all of it ! The guys make the music THEY like, so you can either like it or not..Simple as that  Wink
Listen to the song, buy the album, listen to it several times and get your own opinion about it  Smiley

+1
I totally agree. I'll be honest there are a few songs I still have never listened to from the back catalogue, mainly cause i keep forgetting  Lips sealed , but i have never made an opinion.

Isn't that way Mike and JP became the producers for their own band? To do what THEY wanted, and not bow to the demands of the fans and record comps?

Sorry if I made you pissed. I was too hard on the DT-boys....guess I was a bit pissed for some reason when I said that!! Wink
Kudos to you for making amends (even when some might not have noticed) we need more people like you who look back and said "damn... that was harsh... sorry my bad"  Tongue

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 05:09:34 am »

Nah,I wasn't pissed at you Erik, you will learn, you're still young  Wink
It's the bashing on/about DT that has started everywhere that pisses me off Angry I know it happens with every new album, but I still can't take the bashing  Sad

Jacob

Be real and speak your mind!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 07:03:05 pm »

Well ...

I'm a very fan of these guys. Our connection started when I was really young around my 14. Now I'm about 30. And all I can say about this discussion is ... Dream Theater is Dream Theater! Or you love it or you hate it! Time changed, the guys changed. I love this new single and I'm absolutely sure I will love the entire album as well. It's the band of my generation. It's my YES, my Pink Floyd, my Marillion and so on. I really love it. And I'm whole-hearted today! Grin DT rules as no other band does actually!

All this discussion reminded me of something the guys used to say some years ago:

You can feel the waves coming on
(It's time to take the time)
Let them destroy you or carry you on
(It's time to take the time)

Free your mind!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:07:00 pm by Jacob » Logged

"The moment may be brief, but it can be so bright..."

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: