Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Rite Of Passage FREE MP3 on RoadrunnerRecords.com - 24-hour promotion!  (Read 16291 times)
SteveTheater

Carpe Diem!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:33 am »

Starting on May 6th at 12AM EST http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/
the first track from Dream Theater's upcoming album Black Clouds & Silver Linings, in stores 06.23.09.

The FREE MP3 will be available for 24 hours. After that, the track will stream on RoadrunnerRecords.com.

Thanks to Sealunar at MP.com

Steve

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54:19 am »

http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=186.75  Wink

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:50 pm »

I think Im gonna wait til I can hear the whole album rather than trying to hear somthing from it as fast as possible.

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:03 pm »

I think Im gonna wait til I can hear the whole album rather than trying to hear somthing from it as fast as possible.

You must be REALLY patient  Cheesy I've downloaded as soon as I saw it available on RR

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Dargor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »

Are we free to discuss the song now?  Huh

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 09:26:09 pm »

xD thank you...

HA! I beat Steve to it!

Seeing that is being talked about on Mike's forum... AND it was a legit MP3... We should be able to talk about it...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:38:10 pm by w34vi1 » Logged

lutima

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:05 am »

Yes

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:28 pm »

Even if I havent heard any of the songs yet, I read when the guys on the Swedish fan forum discussed some songs...and I think my joy for the album dropped a bit. Embarrassed

They said that the songs was boring, more rap, more nu-metal, more strange keyboard sounds (I REALLY dont like some of Jordans playing), and more....unison playing. I dont like the unison speed freak solos at all...just show off.

So please tell me this song is cool!!

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:55:29 pm »

Even if I havent heard any of the songs yet, I read when the guys on the Swedish fan forum discussed some songs...and I think my joy for the album dropped a bit. Embarrassed

They said that the songs was boring, more rap, more nu-metal, more strange keyboard sounds (I REALLY dont like some of Jordans playing), and more....unison playing. I dont like the unison speed freak solos at all...just show off.

Please listen to the song for yourself and make up your own mind

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »

Yes...I know its silly to make up my mind, I havent. Just got scared I might not like this CD as much as I hoped too.

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »

This is what MP wrote on his forum:
Quote from: KS and RTG
Quote from: sba4life
I don't like the sampled voices.

I love the sampled voices.

This ladies & gentleman, sums up DT fans perfectly in a nutshell!!! 
(and people wonder why I make myself crazy bending over for the fans and trying to keep them all happy....)

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 04:14:48 pm »

haha sooo true. We are the most spolied fans ever i think...plus the fact that Dt chnage their sound so much makes me feel like some fans like another band than me. But deep in my heart I love all DT does...just always prefer to hear somethings...

Orodaran

Mountainking

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

Whee, new single! I like how much I can resist from not hearing the new material, I got it immediately  Grin

Well, the chorus turns out to be one of the parts that was heard in that preview teaser clip - but is it me or the "Turn the key, walk through the gate" part in that clip was stand-alone, while now there are more background voices to add a chorus effect to it?

Anyway, the chorus just won't let go, it's so addictive  Cool I must confess that once again I find myself not caring at all for the solo section - it's once again a "let's stop the song, let's jam LTE style and then let's go back to the chorus" kind of thing... and I hope the whole album won't be like that  Tongue

You know, the irony with me I guess that, while there's a lot of people out there that are uber skilled musicians and into every aspect of prog and focus on the music, loving singing and being somehow of a singer myself the voice is always the first thing I notice in a band... so, while out there there's countless people drooling over Mike's rhytms  and JP's solos, I always care first and foremost in DT for James' voice, and so the solo sections really tell nothing to me.... unless they're absolutely gorgeous, and lately most of DT's solo sections look like some random wha wha wha to me... nice for those who love 'em, but they'd better be good and innovative if they want to keep me entertained while I wait for James to sing again  Tongue

Mike Portnoy recalling their first impression about James: Pulled out his picture and he had the look we were looking for. "Wow, this guy's really good-looking too, man." You know, he had a great voice and he looked good.. "He must be an asshole."

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 05:29:53 pm »

WORD Ordaran!!

Exactly what I feel sometimes...like you meet another DT-fan and you say like "Isnt James voice awesome on that track?" then they sometimes go like "James voice....where was you when JP played that solo or Mike played that drumpart?" James is the singer and will always be a big part in the music, even when hes not even there.

SteveTheater

Carpe Diem!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 06:58:10 pm »

That's the strangest thing I ever heard in months...  Sad you do have your own opinion?... no?

It ROCKS and it's COOL!... how's that?  Grin  Wink

Steve
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:01:54 pm by SteveTheater » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: