Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Devin Townsend fans here?  (Read 4209 times)
Araxes

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:12:18 am »

I've been a huge D. Townsend fan for years. He has easily become one of my favorite artists of all time, mainly due to his versatility. From the original and innovative "Terria", to the more mainstream "Accelerated Evoltion"; from the brutality of "Physicist" to the mellow "Ki", there is a Devin Townsend album for every mood! I really can't say enough of this musical genius. Of course, I've been bursting with anticipation for Devin's newest albums: Ghost and Deconstruction, which - according to some snippets and previews - are already praise as masterpieces. Are there any DT fans here?

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:08:37 pm »

I don't know his music very well, but I did see a snippet of a song that he is doing with orchestra. Have you heard about that one?

Araxes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:23:11 am »

I don't know his music very well, but I did see a snippet of a song that he is doing with orchestra. Have you heard about that one?

Yes, I've heard this. For his newest  album ("Deconstruction") Devin is recording with the  Prague Symphony Orchestra. I should mention that this album is the third album in a four album concept that started with "Ki", followed by "Addicted!". Deconstruction is chronologically the third of the series ending with "Ghost". The last two album are going to be released in April of 2011.

You should REALLY check Devin's work if you ask me. He has a truly unique sound and is very talented.

Here is the snippet with the orchestra in case someone else wants to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EeaPnTvsH0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: