Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Review / Discussion Thread  (Read 121556 times)
Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 05:35:44 am »

I have not seen it, but I do know `Mike Portnoy` wasn't too impressed with it.  Wink

Anita  Smiley

well, I've been following MP's "Hero of the Day" thread, and apparently my tastes differ drastically from those of MP's, so it's all right Smiley

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 06:28:14 am »

I have not seen it, but I do know `Mike Portnoy` wasn't too impressed with it.  Wink

Anita  Smiley

well, I've been following MP's "Hero of the Day" thread, and apparently my tastes differ drastically from those of MP's, so it's all right Smiley

Ahhh I see  Smiley I don't know any others point of view on it, I'm not a movie person lol, hope you enjoy it.  Wink

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 09:25:33 am »

I thought I began a movie discussion thread here!  Just that nobody had anything to post on it until now.   Wink   I hope you don't mind, but I merged the two.  Post away!  Anybody seen 'Inception" yet?  Very curious about it!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:07 am »

I thought I began a movie discussion thread here!  Just that nobody had anything to post on it until now.   Wink   I hope you don't mind, but I merged the two. 
Absolutely! My bad, apparently I haven't got the hang of using search option Cheesy

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:34 am »

Omgosh, don't worry!  No apologies necessary.  It was allllllllllllllllll the way on the last page anyway.  That's what I am here for.... Kiss

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:44 pm »

Well, looks like Inception keeps eluding me. Instead, I just watched The Other Guys. As an almost-fan of Mark Wahlberg, I was more or less looking forward to this movie, but the real reason I went to see it was that I was looking for something to have a good laugh about. And I wasn't disappointed. It's a nice action comedy, and with a good message, too. I never got to sit through as much as a half movie with Will Ferrell, but the Ferrell - Wahlberg duet turned out to work surprisingly good, reminds me of Lethal Weapon, but these two are... The Other Guys.  Laughed all the way through.

"I'm a peacock, you got to to let me fly!"

Natt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 01:49:42 pm »

Well, Inception was pretty awesome Cheesy  A giant plus-point is that I managed to sit through a fair whack of shooting and explosions, which usually bore me rigid, but the concept was fascinating enough to keep me interested. For those who don't know the general idea, it's about a team of people who work on extracting information from people via their dreams (there are some neat physical analogies for mental processes in there). Most of the action takes place during dreams; it's not as messed-up as I generally like my dream sequences (I'm a shrink-to-be with an interest in Freud, of course I like messed-up dreams!), but it's nicely done with an interesting dark subplot about the protagonist's family background. I'm not going to describe it any further so I don't wreck it for the two remaining people in the world who haven't seen it, but it definitely gets my recommendation. Natt, if you're still wavering then I'd suggest going for it Smiley
Thanks, I'm definitely going to watch it. It's a matter of a few days

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »

I finally got to see Inception over the weekend. It definitely keeps your brain busy, and I'm still scratching my head over a couple of things today. But it was an enjoyable movie!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 08:59:08 pm »

We took our daughter to see "Despicable Me"...it was VERY cute!  And we saw it in 3D...I liked it!

VioletS16

Forum crazy snake lady!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »

I like the Pirates of the Carribbean movies  Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-fly, and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying - ACOS

<3

SeRoX

The VoiceMaster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 08:10:53 pm »

"I think most of you have heard of the Kevin Moore thing. He signed up for astronaut to go to Mars"

JLB

VioletS16

Forum crazy snake lady!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 08:54:03 pm »

LOL I like them even more now but I still have always loved them Tongue

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-fly, and this same flower that smiles today tomorrow will be dying - ACOS

<3

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:39 am »

my favorite movies of all time:
1-good will hunting
2-dead poet's society (which reminds me of ''a change of seasons'' Smiley )
3-awakenings (which reminds me of Octavarium''medicate'')
4-fight club

i heard alooot about Inception! and from what i have read here , i'm now more excited than ever to go see it !
i'm also looking for movies which have a psychological aspect , like fight club and inception , any suggestions ?

‎''We move in circles , Balanced all the while , On a gleaming razor's edge
A perfect sphere , Colliding with our fate ,This story ends where it began''

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 04:06:28 pm »

my favorite movies of all time:
1-good will hunting
2-dead poet's society (which reminds me of ''a change of seasons'' Smiley )
3-awakenings (which reminds me of Octavarium''medicate'')
4-fight club

i heard alooot about Inception! and from what i have read here , i'm now more excited than ever to go see it !
i'm also looking for movies which have a psychological aspect , like fight club and inception , any suggestions ?

The Machinist is excellent, though bleak as hell. It's about a guy who hasn't slept in a year, has become anorexic and has developed terrible OCD. The film is about him seeing a man that his colleagues tell him don't exist, so he thinks there's a conspiracy to drive him crazy and he becomes obsessed with trying to work out who's involved while his life falls apart. The conclusion is a big shock and very neatly done, plus it's subtly referred to throughout the film so it's fun to work out what the references were about. The whole film actually reminds me of something by DT because of how neatly it's woven together, with some parts referring back to and building on others. Definitely recommend it, though it's not a fun film so be warned - it'll kill your good mood. Smiley

yeah it sure sounds bleak and dark as hell!! but from what you wrote , about the movie being neatly woven together , it sure does sound like something DT-related!
this is excatly what i'm looking for ! i'm excited about watching it asap !
thanks Cheesy

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »

Oh, and I think Memento is the obvious suggestion if you liked Inception (which you damn well should, it's awesome Cheesy ). It's from the same guy as Inception, though vastly more confusing. I actually need to watch it again, because I understood it for about ten minutes after the film ended before I confused myself when I tried to explain it to someone else. Next time I'm packing a notebook.  Wink

i heard alot about Memento! my cousin told me about it ( the same guy who told me about Fight Club)!
i love movies with a good concept and that requires attention!
ok so tomorrow i'll buy 1- the machinst
                                  2- memento
                                  3-a notebook for memento Cheesy Cheesy
and i'll go to the movies soon to watch Inception!
oh and  i was wondering , have you seen ''Magnolia''  and '' A Beatiful Mind''?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: