Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Review / Discussion Thread  (Read 119689 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2012, 12:40:20 am »

I saw Skyfall last weekend. Had lots of great callbacks to the old Bond movies. And of course, it's pretty easy to stare at Daniel Craig for two hours. Wink

I've heard from a lot of people, that if you don't usually like Bond films, that you'd actually like Skyfall.
I'm a Bond fan, so I'm probably not the best judge. But I would imagine that it's pretty easy to like this movie. Lots of good action in it.

I'm not really a Bond fan because all the movies appear to always be the same story line. But I still hear the Skyfall is worth the watch.

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2013, 05:48:54 am »

Joe Wright's "Anna Karenina". I saw the movie last night. An absolutely beautiful film - he has brilliant cast and is brilliant played.
Anna's tragic love story is absolutely central in the film. The story tells of the extra-marital affair between the aristocrat Anna Karenina (Keira Knightley) and the dashing Count Vronsky (Aaron Taylor-Johnson), a military officer. Anna is married to an important government official Alexei Karenin (Jude Law). Karenin is a noble man of great intelligence, whose patience and forgiveness are sorely tested by his wife's affair with Vronsky.

This love triangle between Anna, her husband and Count Vronsky is explored in depth and from many different angles. Anna and her husband go through many changes as they both try to adapt to the situation, complicated by Anna's two children (one by her husband, the other by Vronsky). Try as they might, there is no way to make these relationships work in the long run and the story ends tragically.

"Anna Karenina" is one of my favorite books of all time and I love Wright's film adaptation - especially, I loved the mixture of theater and cinema in Wright's film (although I found the Levin story of the book more interesting).
--
Personally, I found "Anna Karenina" more interesting than the Bond story (Skyfall).

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: