Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Review / Discussion Thread  (Read 121534 times)
Awake

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »

i heard alot about Memento! my cousin told me about it ( the same guy who told me about Fight Club)!
i love movies with a good concept and that requires attention!
ok so tomorrow i'll buy 1- the machinst
                                  2- memento
                                  3-a notebook for memento Cheesy Cheesy
and i'll go to the movies soon to watch Inception!
oh and  i was wondering , have you seen ''Magnolia''  and '' A Beatiful Mind''?

Lol, a notebook is definitely wise Wink

I haven't seen either "Magnolia" or "A Beautiful Mind" - they're both films I keep hearing about but never get around to seeing. Are they favourites of yours?

''A Beuatiful Mind'' is one of my favorite movies , it's a true story with a phychological aspect , so i think that you 'll enjoy it . don't read about it or watch the trailer , because the movie has a shocking part .ok i'm gonna shut up now i don't want to ruin it for you!

''Magnolia'' is a very interesting drama movie . it's actually one of Mike Portnoy's favorite movies , the mumbles in the song '' Honor Thy Father'' are taken from it . the movie is about regret , lonliness , and failed relationships that are the result of fathers that have failed thier children . this movie is a bit confusing to me because there are many stories happening at the same time in it . so i need to watch it again Cheesy

‎''We move in circles , Balanced all the while , On a gleaming razor's edge
A perfect sphere , Colliding with our fate ,This story ends where it began''

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 08:20:12 pm »

''A Beuatiful Mind'' is one of my favorite movies , it's a true story with a phychological aspect , so i think that you 'll enjoy it . don't read about it or watch the trailer , because the movie has a shocking part .ok i'm gonna shut up now i don't want to ruin it for you!

''Magnolia'' is a very interesting drama movie . it's actually one of Mike Portnoy's favorite movies , the mumbles in the song '' Honor Thy Father'' are taken from it . the movie is about regret , lonliness , and failed relationships that are the result of fathers that have failed thier children . this movie is a bit confusing to me because there are many stories happening at the same time in it . so i need to watch it again Cheesy

Ah, I've heard about the Beautiful Mind ending being a shock, but somehow I've managed to avoid hearing details so far. Cheers for the lack of spoilerage! Cheesy Doesn't it suck when someone blows an ending for you? I remember when my French teacher announced the twist ending from "The Others" to the entire class one morning and wrecked it for everyone who hadn't seen it (including me). Bah. Still, it was a loooong time ago so I'm over it.

Actually, I always feel bad for people who haven't seen the Sixth Sense yet. It's the most spoilered film ever. I mean, now no one will ever watch that film for the first time without knowing the ending. Tis a shame, because I remember being absolutely delighted with the twist at the end.

By the way, if you haven't seen "The Others" or "The Sixth Sense", you definitely should see them (both are great psychological horror with a twist, though I prefer the Sixth Sense out of the two). Especially if no bugger has spoiled them for you yet.  Wink

i absolutely HATE it when someone ruins a movie for me like that! especially if it was a great movie with a shocking twist at the end , like ''The Others''.
i remember a few years ago , when i bought ''The Village'' and i was very excited about it , then one of my friends saw it with me and he instantly told me how it ends , so i ended up not watching it ! Sad

well you're not the only one who did a great job managing to avoid hearing the details of a great movie! i think i'm one of the few lucky people that managed not to know how ''The Sixth Sense'' ends! lucky me !
i agree with you that ''The Others'' is a great movie , with an amazing twist at the end  .
ok so now '' The Sixth Sense'' is added to the list , i really need to go to the dvd store today! Cheesy

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:04 pm »

oh and i think you will like '' The Devil's Advocate'' , of course if you haven't already seen it !

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:36 am »

Sixth Sense and Devils Advocate are great movies, I also feel the same about From Dusk Till Dawn.  Grin

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 05:26:51 am »

I also feel the same about From Dusk Till Dawn.  Grin

Looks a little bit Evil Dead from the Amazon listing, is that a fair assumption?

I'm fond of the Evil Dead films. They're utterly ridiculous, but in a really good way.  Cheesy

I don't believe I've seen Evil Dead so I couldn't say. It was a long time ago since I watched From Dusk Till Dawn, it's a bit gory but I really enjoyed it.  Smiley

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 05:32:47 am »

I don't believe I've seen Evil Dead so I couldn't say. It was a long time ago since I watched From Dusk Till Dawn, it's a bit gory but I really enjoyed it.  Smiley

Evil Dead is gory and shamelessly cliched, all good fun Cheesy

I'll keep an eye out for Dusk til Dawn, sounds like it would be amusing! Anything else you'd recommend? Smiley

It's a bit twisted and sinister also  Grin

I shall have to have a think about other films. I'm off to the hospital now so if I can think of any while I'm hanging around I shall let you know later.  Wink

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »

I shall have to have a think about other films. I'm off to the hospital now so if I can think of any while I'm hanging around I shall let you know later.  Wink

Take care, hope it goes as well as these things can Smiley xx

Thank you Six  Kiss I'm back home now.  Wink

I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies, other than that I like things like Troy and the Gladiators. The films I watch are few and far between, the ones I actually really like are even less.  Cheesy

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 12:39:21 pm »

However, I did get dragged to see Scott Pilgrim recently and really enjoyed it, even though I'd expected to be bored rigid. That's a seriously niche film though, I think you need a geek boyfriend to get it!

I also liked Scott Pilgrim Smiley Though, I like comics more, movie still interesting and funny, with all video games features.

I know the truth is out there.

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:26 pm »

I haven't seen Kill Bill, Troy was fun though! I hardly ever see new films any more - in spite of appearances, with my OTT contributions to this thread - because the cinema is such a rip-off.  Undecided  However, I did get dragged to see Scott Pilgrim recently and really enjoyed it, even though I'd expected to be bored rigid. That's a seriously niche film though, I think you need a geek boyfriend to get it!

Cheesy
Have you heard of or seen the movie `Twin Town?` It was made in a pretty shitty city in Wales (Swansea), it's a black comedy I believe, it depends on a persons sense of humor whether they find it funny or not.  Wink

Shameless comes to mind when I think of that movie.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:57:35 pm by Magdalena63 » Logged

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »

I also liked Scott Pilgrim Smiley Though, I like comics more, movie still interesting and funny, with all video games features.

Yeah, it was fun - I think I missed about half the references, but the ones I caught made me laugh Cheesy  I definitely misjudged that one from the trailer.

I knew about this movie from the trailer. After the first viewing I said "I must see this movie"  Cheesy
Now I read all 6 books of comics and waiting for DVD Smiley

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 04:58:24 pm »

Hmm, that definitely sounds worth a shot too, it sounds pretty up my street. I'm making a list here! Cheesy

It used to be a hard film to get hold of, but is probably easily available now. They speak in a broad Welsh accent, a lot of `Alright butt, whose coat is that jacket`  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 11:10:14 pm »

i absolutely HATE it when someone ruins a movie for me like that! especially if it was a great movie with a shocking twist at the end , like ''The Others''.
i remember a few years ago , when i bought ''The Village'' and i was very excited about it , then one of my friends saw it with me and he instantly told me how it ends , so i ended up not watching it ! Sad

well you're not the only one who did a great job managing to avoid hearing the details of a great movie! i think i'm one of the few lucky people that managed not to know how ''The Sixth Sense'' ends! lucky me !
i agree with you that ''The Others'' is a great movie , with an amazing twist at the end  .
ok so now '' The Sixth Sense'' is added to the list , i really need to go to the dvd store today! Cheesy

What a shame! You should smack your friend upside the head, this is the appropriate reaction.

So glad I didn't assume that you knew about the Sixth Sense, lol (I nearly did!). Quick, run to the DVD store and don't talk to anyone on the way! Bruce Willis is just the king of the world in that film - though he is naturally spectacular anyway. Make sure you tell me what you thought when you've seen it!  Cheesy

I'm going to wander over to Amazon later in the week and buy Magnolia and A Beautiful Mind, they both look interesting and they're cheap enough to take a punt on when you've got a good recommendation. You know, I have seen the Devil's Advocate but I can't remember a thing about it...it was a while ago...but I'm getting an image of Keanu Reeves? Am I thinking of the right film? (I would check IMDB but my internet's messing me about this morning and is choosing not to load random pages.)

Oh, I remembered another good film! Especially if you're a fan of Anthony Hopkins. It's called Fracture - basically a guy shoots his wife, is caught with the gun in his hand, signs a confession and the prosecuting lawyer has to make sure the guy (Hopkins) goes to jail. Should be easy, doesn't turn out that way. The plot is fairly good (again, nice twist at the end), but it's worth watching just to see Hopkins doing a not-unlike-Hannibal performance.

ohh i should have smacked my friend ! i wish i could go back in time! Tongue
i shall take the task of going to DVD store and not talking to anyone very seriously ! haha and i'm sooo glad you didnt assume that i knew about The Sixth Sense Cheesy
okay i'll watch it tonight and let you know what i think Smiley

yup you're right , Keanu Reeves is in The Devil's Advocate , and Al Pacino too . by the way i saw it again last night , they showed it on one of the local movie channels here!

i'll buy ''Fracture'' today , sounds like a great movie , Especially that Anthony Hopkins is in it , he's a great actor!
have you seen the movie ''Seven'' ?

Awake

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 11:16:13 pm »

Take care, hope it goes as well as these things can Smiley xx

Thank you Six  Kiss I'm back home now.  Wink

I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies, other than that I like things like Troy and the Gladiators. The films I watch are few and far between, the ones I actually really like are even less.  Cheesy

looks like you like Epic movies! have you seen ''The Lord Of The Rings''  ? and ''kingdom Of Heaven'' ?

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 07:38:56 am »

Have you seen "Saw"? I think the franchise has gone to about 7 films now, and the later ones really aren't up to the level of the first one (and maybe the second), so if you've seen a later one and been disappointed I'd still really recommend the first one. It's another twist film, and one of the best shock endings I've seen; my jaw just hit the floor about a minute from the end haha!

I've seen all six movies. Seventh part realize at the end of October as "Saw 3D", and this gonna be the last one.
I must agree, the first part still the best one. Saying "my jaw just hit the floor" - say nothing. That's the best, what Saw series have - in last minutes of the movie, all the picture you made about developments ruins, and all the real situation is completely different.
For me the main reason to see 7th part is to know the whole story, and find the answers, still unknown after previous series.

MuumiPeikko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 03:23:49 pm »

I saw Saw 7 yesterday (one day earlier than world premiere day Tongue )
And it sucks. I'm disappointed Sad
There's actually no riddle side at all - and that's what I like in the series. And there's a tonnes of meat and blood.
Don't know why they make 3D format - there's no need in it. The only moment, which looks better in 3D - Lionsgate caption. Though, if you saw all previous movies this one will complete the puzzle for you.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: