Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Review / Discussion Thread  (Read 119701 times)
Metropolis

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »

Yes, I loved The Expendables. Got to love those old-school action hero guys. I hope the second part will be as much fun as the first.

Hey go Girl. You're the first woman  I ever met who likes old action Heroes. Hell, I was raised on all of those movies and I watch and love them still. My wife can't stand them and especially not my biggest Hero Stallone.  Cry   Cry She thinks it's all a bunch of sh...She never watches them with me. Anyway I also hope the 2nd one will be as good as the first one.Let's hope so. Thumbs up!!

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »

Saw 4 movies in the last 3 days:

INSIDIOUS
30 DAYS OF NIGHT
DARK SHADOWS
WRONG TURN 3: LEFT FOR DEAD

Being that I am hardcore fan of the Horror genre, it takes a Hell of a lot to scare me. "Insidious" seriously creeped me out big time. If any of you, here, have not yet seen this, then you need to watch it. I will say no more, as my words cannot describe this awesome film.

"Wrong Turm 3" & "30 Days Of Night" were okay, though, I needed them to be terrifying.

"Dark Shadows" was amazing. Johnny Depp as BARNABAS COLLINS was just awesome. Johnny is, without a doubt, a truly gifted actor. Michelle Pfeiffer as ELIZABETH COLLINS STODDARD was amazing. Helena Bonham Carter as DR. JULIA HOFFMAN was very creepy, but very brilliant. Eva Green was excellent in the role of ANGELIQUE BOUCHARD. Definitely your Witch's Bitch. Jackie Earle Haley as WILLIE LOOMIS rocked it. This is definitely for all fans of the original soap.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2012, 04:45:53 pm »

"Dark Shadows" was amazing. Johnny Depp as BARNABAS COLLINS was just awesome. Johnny is, without a doubt, a truly gifted actor. Michelle Pfeiffer as ELIZABETH COLLINS STODDARD was amazing. Helena Bonham Carter as DR. JULIA HOFFMAN was very creepy, but very brilliant. Eva Green was excellent in the role of ANGELIQUE BOUCHARD. Definitely your Witch's Bitch. Jackie Earle Haley as WILLIE LOOMIS rocked it. This is definitely for all fans of the original soap.

I had to see this movie as part of my Vampire class (Yes, I'm taking a class about vampires) and I really liked the movie too. I knew the old soap as well, and it was nice to see how they managed to translate that over. Although I felt the very end was rushed, I would love to see it again.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25:26 pm »

Yes, I loved The Expendables. Got to love those old-school action hero guys. I hope the second part will be as much fun as the first.

Hey go Girl. You're the first woman  I ever met who likes old action Heroes. Hell, I was raised on all of those movies and I watch and love them still. My wife can't stand them and especially not my biggest Hero Stallone.  Cry   Cry She thinks it's all a bunch of sh...She never watches them with me. Anyway I also hope the 2nd one will be as good as the first one.Let's hope so. Thumbs up!!
Really? You don't know any other women who likes old action heroes? Wow… That blows my mind. I know quite a few other women who love action movies. I mean sure, the movies are kind of stupid. But you're not watching them to exercise your brain. You have to accept that the movie is going to be kind of silly and just enjoy watching the action stars kick people's butts and blow things up.

I had to see this movie as part of my Vampire class (Yes, I'm taking a class about vampires) and I really liked the movie too. I knew the old soap as well, and it was nice to see how they managed to translate that over. Although I felt the very end was rushed, I would love to see it again.
I've been wondering about this movie. I didn't see the old, old version of Dark Shadows. But I did watch the revamp (pun intended) which was on TV in the early 90s. I was really excited to hear about the movie, especially since it has Johnny Depp. I've been reading tons of bad reviews of the movie, so it made me not want to see it. I may have to rethink that, though.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2012, 11:51:04 am »

I've been wondering about this movie. I didn't see the old, old version of Dark Shadows. But I did watch the revamp (pun intended) which was on TV in the early 90s. I was really excited to hear about the movie, especially since it has Johnny Depp. I've been reading tons of bad reviews of the movie, so it made me not want to see it. I may have to rethink that, though.

the 90's version of Dark Shadows, SUCKS (Pun intended too). The movie is more like the old soap. Tim Burton tried to keep the older story. And don't listen t the reviews, they don't know what they are talking about. it is a god movie.

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2012, 06:40:29 am »

I saw "The Lucky One" last night. Nice romantic movie (based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks). I liked the story and the picturesque landscape ... wonderful ..

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2012, 06:47:35 am »

Saw "Rock of ages" yesterday. Good, funny and positive movie. Especially when your metalhead company of 1/3 of the audience singing all famous songs Cheesy

I know the truth is out there.

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:22 pm »

Was wondering if anyone here had seen INSIDIOUS? I really would like to discuss this movie with someone.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2012, 11:53:59 am »

We saw Woody Allen's new film, "To Rome with Love" last night. Finally. Smiley

I am a devoted fan of Woody Allen, I adore his work and I also loved "To Rome with Love" ... Wonderful cast, beautiful cinematography, excellent writing and character development ... simply brilliant. I love Rome (one of the most beautiful cities in the world, in my opinion) and I loved Allen's Rome. Allen's Rome is so exquisite, with little cafes and stunning architecture .. Wonderful.
I loved the movie and I enjoyed Woody Allen's subtle humor (with a touch of self-irony).

Metropolis

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2012, 01:32:09 pm »

Just recently saw Ted and must say it's a hilarious masterpiece. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. Just simply have to love Mark Whalberg. I also saw the Expendables 2 of course. I'm the biggest Sly fan ever and wouldn't have missed that one for nothing. Must say another Masterpiece. The movie is simply great. Have nothing more to say. It's got a lot of action and it's brutal, really really cool. Took me back to the late 80's early 90's when movies like that were at their best. Yep Sly you did it again.Bravo!!!!

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2012, 12:52:02 pm »

I also saw the Expendables 2 of course. I'm the biggest Sly fan ever and wouldn't have missed that one for nothing. Must say another Masterpiece. The movie is simply great. Have nothing more to say. It's got a lot of action and it's brutal, really really cool. Took me back to the late 80's early 90's when movies like that were at their best. Yep Sly you did it again.Bravo!!!!
Expendables 2 was awesome! I especially loved the scene with Jet Li and the pots and pans in the beginning of the movie.

I've seen a couple of awesome movies over the past few weeks. I saw Argo yesterday. I was holding my husband's hand near the end of the movie because it was so intense, and nearly squeezed his hand off. Two weeks ago, I saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The previews are selling this movie as the new Breakfast Club, but it is much more dramatic and deep than The Breakfast Club could ever hope to be. The characters are fascinating, and the plot has a great twist at the end of the movie.

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:30 pm »

I saw Skyfall last weekend. Had lots of great callbacks to the old Bond movies. And of course, it's pretty easy to stare at Daniel Craig for two hours. Wink

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »

I saw Skyfall last weekend. Had lots of great callbacks to the old Bond movies. And of course, it's pretty easy to stare at Daniel Craig for two hours. Wink

I've heard from a lot of people, that if you don't usually like Bond films, that you'd actually like Skyfall.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:26 pm »

. And of course, it's pretty easy to stare at Daniel Craig for two hours. Wink

You know it..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

I've heard from a lot of people, that if you don't usually like Bond films, that you'd actually like Skyfall.
I'm a Bond fan, so I'm probably not the best judge. But I would imagine that it's pretty easy to like this movie. Lots of good action in it.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: