Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Review / Discussion Thread  (Read 119702 times)
Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2008, 12:29:18 pm »

Seen any good movies lately?  Seen any bad movies lately?  Recommend anything?
Here is where you can discuss it.

Latest movie we saw was Madagascar II.  It was cute, and I like it a lot, but I like the first one a bit better.  It was a bit more "animated" if you can believe me using that word!   Cheesy

Next movie to go see on our list (not with the girl!)  - James Bond: Quantum of Solace 
Let's hear it for Daniel Craig girls!!!!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

heylchick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:26:28 pm »

Seen any good movies lately?  Seen any bad movies lately?  Recommend anything?

Next movie to go see on our list (not with the girl!)  - James Bond: Quantum of Solace 
Let's hear it for Daniel Craig girls!!!!

Hey Donna!  Quantum of Solace is next on our list.  I LOVE Daniel Craig!  What a fantastic charasmatic actor. 

I saw Twilight last week.  Really good, but if you read the book (I am on book 3/4 of the series) before going to the movie...the character portrayal isn't the same.  There is NO way that they can capture the intensity of the relationships in a 2 hour movie.  They also missed some scenes and had the events mixed up which left HUGE gaps in the movie storyline if you were keeping tabs with how the book followed.  All in all though, I am in love with this series and will support anything related to it!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:29:31 pm by heylchick » Logged

Eva
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:57 am »

I watched "Hellphone" last week. It's a French movie for teenagers but with a little bit of horror.
The movie isn't that good, but I was laughing very hardly all the time. It's funny Wink

Epitaph04

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 01:58:28 am »

Uhh...I saw Get Smart a few days ago.

Thought it wasn't bad at all.

yeshua4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 03:37:29 pm »

Get Smart didn't click for me, and I was expecting it to.  Might be that I never got to check out the original show on TV

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:21:22 am »

Has anybody seen "Valkyrie" yet?   I am not a Tom Cruise fan by far, but this movie looks like it could deliver.

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

JPM7stringfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 10:51:45 am »

Has anybody seen "Valkyrie" yet?   I am not a Tom Cruise fan by far, but this movie looks like it could deliver.

Neither am I, but this film will also feature comedian Eddie Izzard, so, I'll go see it as well.

Andie1928

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 02:25:01 pm »

I get my movies through Netflix and getting caught up on my movie watching, so I'm a couple years behind!!

Just saw Capote(I've really starting liking Phillip Seymour Hoffman the past few years), Night at the Museum(cute movie, I really enjoyed it), and Syriana(love me some George, even if he did gain 30lbs for this role).

I once heard a description of Dream Theater's music as putting Rush, Pink Floyd, & Metallica in a microwave and turning it on high.

That's pretty accurate, in my opinion.

rodney

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 10:50:32 am »

I really liked "The Wackness" which starred Ben Kingsley and had Mary-Kate Olsen it it. All of the characters were really interesting. I like to watch independent films because of the unique storylines. I also really enjoyed "Young at Heart". That is a documentary about a group of senior citizens that train as a vocal group traveling around the world singing everything from James Brown to Coldplay. The average age of the members is well over 60. It was a very warm-hearted, funny movie.

ERiKofSWE90

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 08:04:30 pm »

I like movies that are GOOD! haha!

I love Tom Hanks, all hes good stuff, Cast Away, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13 etc etc...

Space Cowboys is also very good, written by Clint Eastwood, hes both directing, writing and acting!

I love The Lion King, plus the other classic Disney movies...I grew up with them, and just CANT forget them! Theyre just too good to be called childmovies...

I love all 3 Jurassic Park movies, the music is fantastic! Old Star Wars (well...the new is pretty cool too)...Im a pretty "mainstream" viewer I think  Cheesy 

rest in peace Mulle 2001-2010

nicoli

Puttin' On My Ranty-Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »

Just saw "Art School Confidential," which surprised me. I was expecting something more dramatically satirical, but I liked the twist ending. (And they got the art student stereotypes DOWN, man. They were so true. Whoever directed this movie should do one about music school. Tongue)

"You can run, you can live like there's no tomorrow
But you know
Your days are numbered
At the end of it all,
What you see is that nothing's forever
'Cause you know
Your days are numbered..."

--HAREM SCAREM/Days Are Numbered

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:35:17 am »

How come we still haven't got a corner to discuss our cinematographic experiences?  Cheesy

I'm thinking about a movie for the weekend and leaning towards Inception. It's doing impressively at the box office, but is it really that good? Has anyone seen it yet?

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 03:56:33 am »

I have not seen it, but I do know `Mike Portnoy` wasn't too impressed with it.  Wink

Anita  Smiley

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 04:17:09 am »

I have seen it Smiley
I even like it. It looks very impressive, with excellent work of director of photography and composer. I don't understand, why some people wait something genius from it. Christopher Nolan had never make a genius movie.

I know the truth is out there.

Natt

Wicked Natt The Scourge O' The High Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 05:32:39 am »

I have seen it Smiley
I even like it. It looks very impressive, with excellent work of director of photography and composer. I don't understand, why some people wait something genius from it. Christopher Nolan had never make a genius movie.
Well that's because he did Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, which grossed a billion of dollars, revived Batman series, what with all the hype, and everyone started looking up to him for being the new hero of movie-making and such

"If you did Scenes From a Memory movie, who would play Victoria?" - "John Myung".

"I can hear myself screaming in the background. I have to tell myself to shut up".
- James LaBrie, Used Bin radio

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: