Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Messages for James Thread - NOT A QUESTION / ANSWER THREAD  (Read 37267 times)
tigerink

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:38 am »

Well,just listened to the new cd for the 3rd time straight thru and I would totally be remiss if I did not say how moved I was by JLB's vocals on 'This Is The Life'  Shocked
To sound that amazing after ALL these years and wear and tear on one's vocal chords.  I mean WOW. Simply one of the best JLB performances......ever!
Long Live Dream Theater!

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 07:59:22 am »

"This is the Life" is a very spherical piece with fantastic guitar parts and breathtaking vocals. I love the song.
--
The new album "A Dramatic Turn of Events" is just phenomenal. A masterpiece (In the truest sense of the word). Spherical, harmonious and very multi-faceted, rhythmic and impulsive and also gentle and melodious. The creativity of Dream Theater is immense. James' performance is fabulous, simply brilliant. And we are deeply impressed and moved by "Far from Heaven". James' emotional singing, accompanied by piano and strings, gives the song an incredible intensity and depth, creates a very melancholic atmosphere. I love the new album and I admire JLB's expressive, beautiful, crystal-clear voice.

We are looking forward to the shows in Boston, Berlin and Hanover. I can't wait to hear Dream Theater live again. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:02:35 am by diana » Logged

marcosf

Eu sou apenas um rapaz latino americano

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:52 am »

James, congratulations on your beautiful and intense singing is the new album. That is what many of us were waiting to hear. Can't wait to see DT's shows here in Brazil. Cheers!

"History is critic, and power does not love it" G. C. Argan

Hprog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 02:05:24 pm »

James, you're one of my favorite rock singers out there. Your performance in Caracas in 2005 simply blew me away. I'm loving the new CD very much and find your contribution, "Far from heaven", one of the best songs, rounded up with your truly emotional singing. I'm glad I've been able to see Dream Theater live four times and can't wait to see you guys again. Keep rocking, James!

bosk1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »

James, great meeting you Saturday night.  And as it turns out, what I mentioned to you was a case of mistaken identity.  The forklift driver we were stuck behind on the freeway was NOT wearing a pirate costume after all.  Just some guy who likes wearing frilly things in the warehouse, apparently.  Who knew?

Viola da Voce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 01:36:16 pm »

Hey James, congrats on an incredible Chicago show. You sounded amazing, as always. I especially enjoyed your sweet vocals during the acoustic set. Also, I loved your awesome black coat. I was so impressed by how well you and the rest of the band have come together with Mangini. It's as if you've been playing together for many years. I hope you and the guys enjoy the rest of your tour!

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:00 pm »

Hi James,
thank you very much for the fabulous shows in Berlin and Paris. It was amazing; there were so many magical and moving moments. I loved your beautiful, emotional, intense singing, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Enjoy the rest of your tour and I hope you guys win the Grammy. You so deserve it Smiley.

Diana
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:40:52 pm by diana » Logged

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:17 am »

Hi James,
I hope you survived the holidays, had a great time with your family and that the New Year has started well for you. We wish you, your family and Dream Theater a prosperous New Year!
We can't wait to hear your new album, in 2013!:)
Greetings from Berlin,
Diana and Sasha

TubeHead

"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 02:59:41 am »

Hi James,
Just love your Static Impulse album. Euphoric is the best song!! What I would like to ask you is this...
Is there any way that you can get some copies of Static Impulse run on Vinyl? Vinyl is making a comeback, you know. I think Static Impulse would really sound good if you had someone like Mobile Fidelity run off some "Half Speed Mastered" Original Master Recording on 180 Gram virgin vinyl!! Tongue The younger generation is beginning to realize what I've always known...that vinyl has a much warmer and realistic sound! So, please consider this?
Thank you, James...your music is the greatest!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:20:15 am by TubeHead » Logged

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »

Props for James from the "Along for the Ride" Tour from another dt.org board......here's the link:

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41081.0

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Evegret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 01:21:39 am »

Dear James,

after 15 years loving Dream Theater and especially your voice, I decided to give my CDs to my collegue who likes Rock and Metal.
When he came at work the next day, he was like completely changed, absolutely overwhelmed!!
He absoluetly loves your voice and asks me every week for something new  Wink
I may present you his deep admiration and transmit his compliments for "Impermanent Resonance".

Well done!

La vie est belle!

Fabian

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 08:16:13 pm »

I have been a James Labrie and DT fan for seven years and I got to say that James is definitely the greatest vocalist in History. he inspires me, It would mean the world to me if James and DT came to Brisbane Australia, to hear those amazing songs from the new album would be spectacular Smiley

Disappear, Sacrificed Sons, Prophets of War and Far From Heaven are my Favourite James Labrie Songs.

THANK YOU James Labrie.

Fabian Saunders. 

hoppersgirl

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »

James, thank you for your amazing artistry.  I absolutely love the way you use your voice to portray so many emotions and expressions.  My family have suffered a terrible loss in a very tragic accident and the Dream Theater song 'Along for the Ride' has been a wonderful expression of my feelings at this time.  I look forward to all your future work and thank you sincerely for everything previous!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:46:28 pm by hoppersgirl » Logged

Scurvy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2016, 07:28:56 am »

James, thank you for your amazing artistry.  I absolutely love the way you use your voice to portray so many emotions and expressions.  My family have suffered a terrible loss in a very tragic accident and the Dream Theater song 'Along for the Ride' has been a wonderful expression of my feelings at this time. You can get a good deal on phen375 here. I look forward to all your future work and thank you sincerely for everything previous!

Along for the ride is my favorite song too. Thanks for all the great music. I hope you'll continue to make music for a long time to come.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:26:11 am by Scurvy » Logged

lordoftheflies

I am Miss Colorado and now mom to two kiddos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2016, 01:09:59 am »

James, thank you for your amazing artistry.  I absolutely love the way you use your voice to portray so many emotions and expressions.  My family have suffered a terrible loss in a very tragic accident and the Dream Theater song 'Along for the Ride' has been a wonderful expression of my feelings at this time. You can phen375 reviews. I look forward to all your future work and thank you sincerely for everything previous!

Along for the ride is my favorite song too. Thanks for all the great music. I hope you'll continue to make music for a long time to come.

Along for the ride is my ALL time favorite!! James Labrie soothes my soul, "blind to the truth, like hands reaching out in the darknesssss", Amazing!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:06:56 am by lordoftheflies » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: