Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Messages for James Thread - NOT A QUESTION / ANSWER THREAD  (Read 34001 times)
w34vi1

Ship Tour Date carrier pigeon and artist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »

You better watch yourself james,

when you are in  Auburn Washington June 22nd, the infamous w34vi1 shall be there! muwahahaha!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

MuumiPeikko

The Helmsman of the Pirate Ship

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »

when you are in  Auburn Washington June 22nd, the infamous w34vi1 shall be there! muwahahaha!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Be careful! If James notices you, he can hide behind JP's back.  Wink

I know the truth is out there.

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 02:01:13 am »

pfft. i'm not worried... if all else fails I'll get my artwork and throw it at him.

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »

Bump for any new members........

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

w34vi1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 09:28:18 pm »

you know maybe that is why James kept chuckling at me during the Portland show....

Magdalena63

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 05:40:19 pm »

Hi folks.  Let's try something new here that we didn't do on the last Board.  And I repeat.
THIS IS NOT A QUESTION AND ANSWER THREAD.

Has his music / lyrics made a difference to you, or do you think he just rocks?  Like his work? 
Tell him so here.  Please please PLEASE do NOT go pm'ing James.  This is also NOT a thread for female fans to come and try to "pick James up".  Let's REMEMBER he is a happily married man here with a family, folks. 
This is just a thread in case he comes by some time to show him that we enjoy and appreciate the work he does.

So.  What say you to him?

What would I say? 

Thanks for sharing your voice and talents.  Thanks for helping to get me through some of the roughest points in my life, and for giving me an outlet - when in the mood, I can belt out the tunes just by playing a CD, and it feels GREAT!  Oh yes, and for the soundtrack to my housecleaning days!  Cheesy  Thanks for showing the rest of the world, that Canadians can kick ass!

As I am new to DT, besides finding great pleasure in listening to their music, `A Rite of Passage` did lead me to asking my Freemason friend a lot of questions about Freemasonry, as I was already well aware they are an esoteric group, I knew there were boundaries to my questions, but I did find what I learnt very interesting.
I am sure in the future, Dream Theatre's and James Labrie's music will inspire me in many ways.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:09:54 pm by Magdalena63 » Logged

If the mind can find no meaning, then the senses give it.
http://www.reverbnation.com/fan/anitamagdalenaw#!

Donna
Global Moderator

Ship wench

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:27 pm »

Doing my yearly bump for this thread for any new members..... Wink Don't be shy!

I can't stop the world from turning around
Or the pull of the moon on the tide
But I don't believe that we're in this alone
I believe we're along for the ride

Splinter76

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 12:29:06 am »

Oh wow. What a cool idea!

James - first of all thank you for being SO kind every time I've been lucky enough to meet you. I've told everyone how great you are. Just the nicest guy to his fans.

I also want to thank you for your passion as a writer and a performer. For every lyric you've written, you sing it with such emotion that I say to myself (taking 'Disappear' as an example) "Oh wow... his... his wife didn't die, did she??? This is so sad!!!!" You just sell it so beautifully. Plus you're my favorite lyricist in the band.

I'm so thankful that you're contributing to the vocal melodies more now that the band has changed (for the better). Your melodies are always amazing.

Lastly - thank you for sticking it out through the hard times. Thank you for not giving up after you went through your vocal struggles and not leaving when you had difficulties with some band mates (sneezes *PORTNOY*).... whew... excuse me.

Static Impulse was amazing and A Dramatic Turn of Events is going to be an epic event in and of itself. Good luck to you, sir! May God richly bless you.

Splinter (aka Loren)

Diana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:13 am »

O yes, this is a really cool idea and i entirely agree with Splinter.
--
James, I am profoundly grateful for your music and i am constantly impressed by your stunning vocal abilities (coupled with outstanding musicianship). I love your voice and i admire your talent - the songs such as Disappear, Sacrificed Sons, Coming Home (Static Impulse is simply brilliant) move and fascinate me deeply. Thank you so much!
We really look forward to "A Dramatic Turn of Events". Can't wait to see you live again.

Greetings from Berlin,

Diana
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:52:18 pm by diana » Logged

Kholtar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 05:19:37 pm »

James, I am a singer because of you. As simple as that. You inspire, and I think that is the best that can be said to a singer.

Thanks for your music, voice and effort!

rhino2112

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 10:30:17 am »

Your voice is sounding perfect these days.  Frankly it shivers me timbers!

DTLaBriePortnoy85

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »

To James, I just want to say "Thanks" for being one of the most amazing vocalists out there, a vocalist, who has become a huge inspiration for me. "Thanks" for being part of a band that I have come to love more than anything else on this planet. You, James, as well as the rest of DT (past & present members) will always be a hero to me.

Watched so many of my loved ones fall, today. It's like I'm standing here with all of my past erased. The man I have become is not walking away. It is the memories that makes the man you see.

kon_jakae

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:02 am »

I have seen that a lot of people, which is not people around here, usually complain about the change in their favorite artists.

As for me, once I have an admiration on an artist, from what piece of his work is no matter, I would support him for whatever he would do.

I do believe, and particularly when talks of James LaBrie works, that he would not just carelessly create and release a work. Yet, he always put his best effort and dedication in every pieces of work, and based on my belief that an artist usually shares parts of perfectionist, he would not just let it go easily. There are always things that higher than business and earning a living. It is musicianship and aesthetics. 

I also realize that it is difficult or even impossible to create work that everybody would be pleased with. When you talk of arts, it is always and forever subjective issue. For me, it does not matter according to the reason I mentioned earlier.

Therefore, I would support James LaBrie forever, and support him for whatever he would do, with my respect and admiration on him.

Mr. LaBrie, I know that it is too high to wish that you would read this little message of mine, but I truly mean it.

dimebag

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 05:22:14 pm »

Hey James Congrats on a kick-ass album. You guys are truly back to form. Can't stop listening to the C.D.

Splinter76

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

Mmk, so I'm going to post in this thread again:

I got my LEGAL download of the new record from RoadRunner today.

Sweet baby Jesus in the mornin', James this album is freakin' unbelievable. Absolutely unreal. You and all the other guys are in top form, if not better. Every single song brings chills. Unreal. "Far From Heaven"... my wife and I had to pause the player and just sit there for a second. Wow.

THANK YOU & AND SEE YOU IN CHICAGO!!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:17:37 pm by Splinter76 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: